Denver Hotel Hits Guest With $200 For Pot In Room

The General

Don't leave your weed in this Denver hotel. A Texas stoner nearly had $200 go up in smoke when he left a stash of weed behind at a Denver hotel after a recent snowboarding trip, The Denver Post reported. Louis, who didn't give his last name, said he left a small amount of pot and a bubbler pipe behind when he checked out of the Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek because he didn't want to fly home with them. Marijuana is legal in Colorado, but not Texas. It's also against the law to bring drugs on an airplane.

"I figured I'd leave it behind on the desk in case the maid wanted it. You know, positivity," Louis told the Post's marijuana lifestyle site The Cannabist. "They give you those cylindrical green jars, and I left about a half an eighth and another little bag, maybe a half a gram. It was sealed." Days later, Louis said he checked his bank account and saw the Hyatt had hit him with a $200 charge.

He called the hotel and was told he'd been charged for toking up in his room. Louis told the paper he never lit up indoors, only outside. "They said it stunk up the room and they couldn't use it for two days," he told the Cannabist. "That's ridiculous. I didn't even smoke in the room." Louis made a stink on Twitter and caught the attention of the hotel chain's concierge account. Corporate chiefs eventually got in touch with the Denver hotel and persuaded them to drop the charge. Louis said he never would have left the herb behind if he'd known it would lead to such a buzzkill.
"Some of us appreciate what's happening in Colorado," he told The Cannabist. "We're not going there to break the law or cause any trouble for anybody else."

Cannabis_Bud3.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Nydailynews.com
Author: Philip Caulfield
Website: Denver hotel hits guest with $200 for pot in room: report - - NY Daily News

Denver should set up additional designated drop-off locations for occasions like this, but not like at the airport. Heck, you bring your weed to the airport and forget to drop it off in the right spot, and you're in a heap of trouble.

How about a church? Or a bingo hall? I don't think public drop-off containers would work, as people would probably steal from them. But if UPS, FedEx and the post office can secure dropped off packages in their containers, I don't see why something can't be worked out for weed.

And then whatever is dropped off can be given to patients who can't afford their own medicine. Maybe Denver already has a program like this?

Back
Top Bottom