Dinafem White widow last 5 days darkness ?

NOODLES1981

Hi everyone, I recently ordered some Barney's Farm LSD seeds from dinafem and
received some free Dinafem White widow seeds :thumb: But on researching these
seeds I found some info stating that for the last 5 days of flowering that they
should be left in the dark for more trichome formation in my situation this isint
possible because of different plants finishing at different times. The question
being is it necessary to give the 5 days darkness to get quality buds ?

Thank You in advance for any info. :thanks:

5 days is a bit excessive.

Most will do the chop after a period of darkness 24 to 48 hours on average... or on the short before lights come on.

THC degrades with light ya see.

Thank you very much for your reply I have 6 grows under my belt now and I've always let them go to full term
then chop I've grown Barneys LSD, Barneys Critical Kush, and Dinafems Critical Plus and never given the days
Darkness at the end but all have turned out great do you think that it would be necessary to give any days
darkness for the White Widows to get Quality Buds :thanks:

Well why would one strain be so vastly different from the others whether it needs a period of darkness or not before the chop ?

Its just a difference in opinion on the matter & some what hard to tell if THC is effected by the lights on to a period of darkness before the chop with out a THC test kit to prove other wise !

Entirely up to your what you do, but your past experience with other strains will give you a good idea.

Thank You. My mind is made up now I will just carry on doing what has worked in the past. When I
start with a new strain I try to do a bit of research first and when I came across the days of darkness
at the end I had to find out wether or not it was necessary. :thanks:

I read an study where cannabis plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and cannabis plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest and the cannabinoids were tested. The cannabinoids were nearly identical. The myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked.

Back
Top Bottom