Dispensary buys illegal pot

kickstart1227

co dispensaries are buying pot from illeagal growers growers who are not a caregiver or don't have a mmj card. they have created a under ground illegal bussiness that hurts legal caregivers . when these illegal growers get caught they claim they are growing medical marijuana but have no paper work to back it up. why get legal to sell pot a dispensary they buy pot from anyone .i agree this is one part of mmj that needs to regulated .:bravo:

Re: dispensary buys illeagal pot

co dispensaries are buying pot from illeagal growers growers who are not a caregiver or don't have a mmj card. they have created a under ground illegal bussiness that hurts legal caregivers . when these illegal growers get caught they claim they are growing medical marijuana but have no paper work to back it up. why get legal to sell pot a dispensary they buy pot from anyone .i agree this is one part of mmj that needs to regulated .:bravo:

:welldone: It does need to be. Each person should have to have him or herself checked as a patient or caregiver and not kept on a record sheet for our privacy. We do not sell for profit to dispensaries, as that is illegal, only our unnecessary medicine to offset grow costs, for time, materials, and associated costs. The illegal bussiness should just stay in the illegal bussiness. It isn't going to go away, as there will always be people who arn't allowed to have it that wan't it.:peace: Just like everyday adults buying other drugs. It's always going to happen as long as it's here. Pot's the world's #1 cash crop when used to it's full extent, it has many useful usages, after all the first blue jeans were hemp, and George Washington made his paper out of hemp. Can you say, 'Chop down the cherry tree'. It's in the grassroots of our heritige and it should be respected.

zhummingsig.jpg

Re: dispensary buys illeagal pot

:bravo: to you both for starting this discussion. i was just telling another 420 member this morning in my grow journal that i have to occasionally destroy perfectly good medicine. i am in michigan, and there are no "legal" dispensaries in this state. i have turned down some nice sounding offers from "wanna-be legal" ones in order to remain legal myself. my card is my life..... and when people start playing with the meaning of the card, they start playing with my life.

These dispensaries out here are just a bunch of drug dealers (a lot from out of town) that can now "legally" sell their stuff.

It should be up to the D owners to chose who and what they buy. If they chose to buy from the black market and know that they do then don't go there if you have issues with it. If you don't have issues then do want you want. Don't you see all the regulation that is being pushed is eroding your freedom of personal thought and choice? The industry will regulate itself and be better off doing it that way because the patient will recieve the best meds if they start demanding the things that in their best interest. If you don't like what you see and hear go to another one there are plenty out their. I am a caregiver and have my own patients and I also have good relations with a few of the Dispenseries out there and there are alot of good ones out there. I only work with and associate with legal avenues and that is my choice not some government official making my mind up for me.
I Love This Country and Will Defend My Con:headbanger:stitutional Freedoms and Rights.
Respects to those that earn it.

These dispensaries out here are just a bunch of drug dealers (a lot from out of town) that can now "legally" sell their stuff.

I have heard similar statements coming out of CO and do not understand.

Here in RI the Dept of Health is ready to issue up to 3 licenses by this summer. I know that the more than 90 hopeful applicants who are waiting in line drooling consist of X Law Enforcement Officers turned politician, active policemen, RI Caregivers, entrepreneurs from many States MMJ and not, one gent who owns five (5) SF Bay Area dispensaries and one (1) in CO, two different people that own dispensaries in CO, and various RI politicians and businessmen. All to service 1300 patients in a State with a population of 1,000,000 people. I bring this up because local politicians are touting the CO model and stating it would be beneficial to Rhode Islanders to bring their business practices here.
While I do not doubt that buying illegal grass from "dealers" is possible I wonder why a dispensary would buy or sell illegally? Why engage people as customers or vendors they were not allowed to when there are plenty of legal, licensed people to deal with?
Last I checked illegal drug dealing is a very dangerous profession with a high mortality rate for even the most experienced "dealer."

I live 1982 miles away, many readers such as myself do not assume to know what is happening there but let's look at facts.

If you owned a dispensary and bought grass from illegal sources what is the benefit.
1. Cost?
The illegal grow can sell illegally, making more money. Help me to understand why would the dispensary get involved in this shady business practice?

If caught what is there to lose.
1. Loss of License
2. Loss of Income
3. Loss of Property (those pesky seizure laws are a bitch they take everything)
4. Loss of Freedom
Now depending on the weight of illicit grass, firearms, criminal histories, and if the Feds pick up the charges this grass is now worth everybody's weight in platinum and plutonium.
I am sure there are CO citizens who feel they are protected even if they never applied for the card or saw a Dr. I am sure there are people growing and selling grass medical or illicit screwing up the program. But if I had a dispensary and could grow and buy from legit people why risk it?
What is the gain?

The following are Colorado penalties for marijuana use by non-medical users this excludes Federal involvement.

Possession oz or less is a misdemeanor punishable by $100.00 fine

Possession 1-8ozs Misdemeanor 6-18 months jail $500-$5,000 fine

Possession 8+oz's 1-3 years jail time, fine from $1,000.00-$100,000.00

Now for Cultivation and Manufacture/Manual Delivery, most states adhere to standards set forth in the CSA of 1970.
For those of you who may have been on the moon the last 40yrs I am talking about The Controlled Substances Act of 1970. This single law is in all probability the most far reaching federal statute in American history, since it asserts federal jurisdiction over every drug offense in the United States, no matter how small or local in scope!
Sentencing for Marijuana under State and Fed looks like this:

Cultivation / Manufacture / Manual Delivery (F)Felony
less than 1kg 10yrs Minimum $500,000 fine
1 to 5kgs 20yr Minimum $1,000,000 fine
5+kgs 30 yrs Minimum $2,000,000 fine

With sentences for larger amounts such as 1000 plants, or 500kg of Marijuana you can recieve mandatory life imprisonment.

So please ANYONE tell me how is buying illicit chronic saving me money if I own the store? Remember the same illicit chronic can be sold on the street for more money and buyers need no card!
DEA publications state that Mexican grass is smuggled into USA and sold in CO with prices from $300-$1100 per pound. But this is NOT Medical Marijuana! NO. Not by a damn site! The Mexican grass can not be sold in a dispensary period. So the question remains who would grow illegally and sell to dispensaries when there is more money on the street. What dispensary would be stupid enough to buy illegally when the Caregiver legal market can handle all demand even taking orders for particular strains and amounts.
If this is happening they will get busted because many LEOs can't wait to bust legal grows never mind real illegal drug sales masquerading as MMJ business.

When illegal transactions take place there are no presumptions of safety, legitimacy or fiduciary responsibilities. In this climate situations easily deteriorate escalating tensions and fears. I imagine this environment to be a "dog eat dog" experience that would carry over to the dispensary's day to day operations endangering clients and staff. Not a healthy business enviroment one would want to operate in or around. Inside a growth industry such as MMJ that has already been tarnished by fear and smear we must all hold ourselves to a higher standard because we are the pioneers in our corner of America representing the good Cannabis can do humanity.

The answer is simple. The 6 plant limit is bullshit. You cant grow enough "legal" pot for all the "medical" patients at 6 plants a head. Plus a lot of people with cards are going in and buy for people without cards. Most Coloradans dont care what the federal government thinks. A lot of people out here have been growing weed for a long time back in the mountains and arent going to stop or worry about getting some bullshit red card from the government. Also a lot of people are making the transition from underground to medical.

Fuck the government. Grow as much as you want

It wont matter very much longer with the new legislation they are ramming down our throats. If all this passes there will be alot of illegal grows. I will do what I can for my patients that they let me keep but I will probably have to go work for a large farm that supplies the dispensories that will be able to stay open. If this stuff passes there will be no more than 15 Dispensories allowed or able to pass the stipulations to stay open. If this stuff passes I feel that no politician that voted in favor of this measure should not be re-elected in Nov and lets send a message that patients rights come befor a paycheck or kickback from a lobbist group. Oh and I bet the price of Meds goes back up to over 400.00 per OZ for B-Grade and you will see A-Grade go above 500.00/OZ.

I have heard similar statements coming out of CO and do not understand.

Here in RI the Dept of Health is ready to issue up to 3 licenses by this summer. I know that the more than 90 hopeful applicants who are waiting in line drooling consist of X Law Enforcement Officers turned politician, active policemen, RI Caregivers, entrepreneurs from many States MMJ and not, one gent who owns five (5) SF Bay Area dispensaries and one (1) in CO, two different people that own dispensaries in CO, and various RI politicians and businessmen. All to service 1300 patients in a State with a population of 1,000,000 people. I bring this up because local politicians are touting the CO model and stating it would be beneficial to Rhode Islanders to bring their business practices here.
While I do not doubt that buying illegal grass from "dealers" is possible I wonder why a dispensary would buy or sell illegally? Why engage people as customers or vendors they were not allowed to when there are plenty of legal, licensed people to deal with?
Last I checked illegal drug dealing is a very dangerous profession with a high mortality rate for even the most experienced "dealer."

I live 1982 miles away, many readers such as myself do not assume to know what is happening there but let's look at facts.

If you owned a dispensary and bought grass from illegal sources what is the benefit.
1. Cost?
The illegal grow can sell illegally, making more money. Help me to understand why would the dispensary get involved in this shady business practice?

If caught what is there to lose.
1. Loss of License
2. Loss of Income
3. Loss of Property (those pesky seizure laws are a bitch they take everything)
4. Loss of Freedom
Now depending on the weight of illicit grass, firearms, criminal histories, and if the Feds pick up the charges this grass is now worth everybody's weight in platinum and plutonium.
I am sure there are CO citizens who feel they are protected even if they never applied for the card or saw a Dr. I am sure there are people growing and selling grass medical or illicit screwing up the program. But if I had a dispensary and could grow and buy from legit people why risk it?
What is the gain?

The following are Colorado penalties for marijuana use by non-medical users this excludes Federal involvement.

Possession oz or less is a misdemeanor punishable by $100.00 fine

Possession 1-8ozs Misdemeanor 6-18 months jail $500-$5,000 fine

Possession 8+oz's 1-3 years jail time, fine from $1,000.00-$100,000.00

Now for Cultivation and Manufacture/Manual Delivery, most states adhere to standards set forth in the CSA of 1970.
For those of you who may have been on the moon the last 40yrs I am talking about The Controlled Substances Act of 1970. This single law is in all probability the most far reaching federal statute in American history, since it asserts federal jurisdiction over every drug offense in the United States, no matter how small or local in scope!
Sentencing for Marijuana under State and Fed looks like this:

Cultivation / Manufacture / Manual Delivery (F)Felony
less than 1kg 10yrs Minimum $500,000 fine
1 to 5kgs 20yr Minimum $1,000,000 fine
5+kgs 30 yrs Minimum $2,000,000 fine

With sentences for larger amounts such as 1000 plants, or 500kg of Marijuana you can recieve mandatory life imprisonment.

So please ANYONE tell me how is buying illicit chronic saving me money if I own the store? Remember the same illicit chronic can be sold on the street for more money and buyers need no card!
DEA publications state that Mexican grass is smuggled into USA and sold in CO with prices from $300-$1100 per pound. But this is NOT Medical Marijuana! NO. Not by a damn site! The Mexican grass can not be sold in a dispensary period. So the question remains who would grow illegally and sell to dispensaries when there is more money on the street. What dispensary would be stupid enough to buy illegally when the Caregiver legal market can handle all demand even taking orders for particular strains and amounts.
If this is happening they will get busted because many LEOs can't wait to bust legal grows never mind real illegal drug sales masquerading as MMJ business.

When illegal transactions take place there are no presumptions of safety, legitimacy or fiduciary responsibilities. In this climate situations easily deteriorate escalating tensions and fears. I imagine this environment to be a "dog eat dog" experience that would carry over to the dispensary's day to day operations endangering clients and staff. Not a healthy business enviroment one would want to operate in or around. Inside a growth industry such as MMJ that has already been tarnished by fear and smear we must all hold ourselves to a higher standard because we are the pioneers in our corner of America representing the good Cannabis can do humanity.
in colorado there isn't a law that says if i have a mmj card i can't not buy pot from someone that does not have a mmj card if i have a mmj card i can buy from anyone its the same for a dispensary .last year in colorado in the mountains 3 mexican grow operations got shut down they came to colorado from mexico seeds and all and they were growing dispensary grade pot who knows how many opp's didnt get busted .:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom