DIY LED CXB 3070 or 3590

High N9ne

I would like to build my own panel here shortly, I am trying to decide on size heatsink, what leds to use, what drivers etc. I was thinking about going with a 12" wide 24" long heat sink. And try to put as many cxb I can fit, so 10 or 12.

I would be building a second panel later down the road. What I'm trying to cover is a 4x4 Scrog. Just thought I'd see if anyone would be willing to help guide me along the way to getting my ladies lit up DIY.

I would really like to build one 800W light, or two 400 or 500W lights.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi,
I think you should go for two 400 or 500W lights because in that way the light can be spread more evenly on larger area. Since CXB 3590 is 137W LED you need to put only 4 of them on each heat sink to get 2 more than 500W lights.
If I were you I would put 3 2700K and 2 6500K LEDs on each heat sink. Or I would make another combination by using also 5700K and 3000K LEDs but in favor of red spectrum for flowering.
Before buying the heat sinks and the LEDs you should read carefully all the documentation for the LEDs that you can find on Cree's webpage. There you can find lightspectrum graphs, heatsink information etc.
Would like to follow your project and help you along the way if I can.

But that would be driving them at 100%. I plan on running them at about 70W a piece which x4 is 280. So probably would need to run 4 3000k 2 5700k. On one heatsink. Unless I build a frame to hold CPU coolers. CXB 3070 would be a cheaper route, and I could add more.

HLG-185H-C1400B Anyone know how many CXB3590 I could run off this driver? I read somewhere that 4 CXB3070 would run fine. Might just run 12 of them off a 10" by 36" heat sink... I want to wire in switches so I don't need to run all the LEDS at once. Which switches should I use? Also whats the best place I should go to order some 3000k and 5000k LEDS?

I do not have practical experiences with this driver and those LEDs but as I see from the datasheets with this driver you can run CXB3070 LED only at 80% of it's max power but that is what you want anyway. In this way you can power 4 of them with single driver. The driver voltage should be set to 140V and the LEDs should be wired in series.
You can run only 1 CXB3590 with this driver.
You can use any switch which is designed for at least 150V and 2A DC.

Yes, that is correct. Sorry. At 70% of their maximum power you can run 4 CBX3590 36V in series or 4 72V LEDs (2 parallely connected pairs of LEDs connected in series).

I've been reading a lot and I think I am finally ready to order some cxb chips, I am replacing two very nice 1kw HPS setups but want to build a lihjy that exceeds the light output of both while using less energy than one. I'll probably be doing one very similar to you, and am wondering the same question as well, among others.

Can someone tell me what are the best vendors for cxb COBs and PSUs?

I need to build this light so I can get the Moonshine Haze and Scott's OG grow started! Im unsure exactly why, but I've wanted to grow the most excellent Moonshine Haze imaginable, but better, ever since I learned of it.

Back
Top Bottom