Do I have a bucket size problem?

KarlJay

I have 11 plants and 1 of the taller ones had drooping leaves and no new light green growth for 2 days. The soil seemed moist enough so thought heat was an issue (84F) Got the heat under control and still no change.

I watered about 10 hours ago and she seems to be doing better.

So I'm thinking that because she is the biggest plant (counting height, width, branches)... maybe my bucket is too small and not holding enough water for this plant.

I'm using FFOF and the bucket holds 3 gallons but I made the mistake of not having the plant high enough in the pot, so it's like a 2 gallon pot. The top 3" hold a gallon and aren't being used.

I didn't want to move to 5 gallon pots yet because of my lighting and space.

There's pics in my grow log, she's about 20" tall and the tallest is just over 22" but she has the most volume of all the taller ones.

Q. Is 2 gallons enough for this size plant?
IMG_012032.JPG

She's the one on the upper right, notice the light green new growth on the other two plants? Then look at her, NO NEW GROWTH! Several of the leaf clusters are drooping, the others are bright and bushy with fresh growth. All watered at the same time, same lights, etc...

I also posted about using CALiMAGic with GH nute pack and it looks like the GH Flora has primary and secondary nutes, so I was probably supposed to stop using CALiMAGic when I started the GH Flora nutes

I'm thinking it's time to:
1. Stop using CALiMAGic
2. Flush this plant with PH balanced water only (no nutes)
3. No nutes next watering
4. tone down the nutes, I'm at about 80% of the GH chart 5/5/1.5 ml/Gallon

Any suggestions?

Here's a few more, one shows the size of the plant and some of the leaves curled under.
116_2041.JPG

Notice the overall size and I'm using about 2 gallons of a 3 gallon pot
116_2035.JPG

Here's some of the leaves curled under

116_2034.JPG

Here's a YouTube video that seems to have the same problem. Thing is that he didn't offer any solution! Even in the comments for the video, people were asking for a solution.

I'm pretty sure mine is not from over watering, every plant is on the same schedule and this is the largest plant. The soil was dry when I watered it and I waited 2 days after noticing the drooping.

I guess if it doesn't clear up in the next day, then I might have to assume it's too much nutes and I'll flush it and let it dry out for 4 days or so.

I hate to see this one suffer, she was the best of show ...

I know over watering and under watering look about the same on the plant, I'm more sure it's not under watering than I am over watering, although I doubt either one (just over watering would be more likely) There was enough moisture at 2" down to make some of the dirt stick to my finger tips, and I thought that was the test.

about 2' outta 2gal soil? your plants roots are about to smother itself... i'd w8 for the pot to dry completely & transplant (crack open (loosen) that rootball when/if u re pot). YMMV
my 2gal pots need to b watered daily, if not every other day @ 16'' tall... these go n2 either 5,7,15,20gal pots.
good luck! Aloha!

stretch depends on the strain/age of clone, etc... healthy or what not too.
@24" out the pot is when i size up to @ least double what it was vegged in-- don't forget the mychos(good guy critters for your roots), & loosen up that root ball, easier for roots to freely explore the new environment, leave our soil loose & don't compact it-- a good drench n your good to go.

I've updated my grow journal (link below). The problem as somewhat gone away, I've got new growth, but she (and others) are drooping at the end of the lights on cycle.

This happened before, and I'm really confused about what's going on.

If ANYONE has a clue why they would droop at the end of the lights on cycle plz let me know. I'm trying to figure out if it's related to the watering cycle because it was more today that the last 2 days, but the soil is still damp.

The next watering is no nutes and coming up soon. I'm going to repot the taller ones.

So if someone here can look thru these pics and give some kind of insight.

Note: the 1st pic in this thread shows her drooping, the last pics in the grow journal shows the SAME PLANT. I'm really confused.

Update: the plant that was drooping at the end of the lights on cycle was repotted into the 5 gallon bag. She did NOT droop at the end of the lights on cycle. I didn't water, the lights were the same, everything was the same except the new pot/bag.

Got more FFOF, so now I can repot the rest of them. I was going to buy the 7 gallon bags, but one store didn't have them in stock and another store had different ones and they were thinner. So 5 gallon it is, I'm making sure the plant is much close to the top, give them full access to the size of the bag.

Hopefully this problem is SOLVED !!!

I see you have Miracle grow there. I have been doing a lot of reading about that. It has time released nutes that you do not want to be using for cannabis.
I am a noob, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Back
Top Bottom