Does anyone have any experience with the diy 400w hps kit? and mh

All that matters is that you're getting the power to run whatever bulb you have in mind. Whether it is from an electrical bypass or the box kit ballast you can buy that plugs into the wall, its the same thing. On large scale operations, buying a kit at 140 each is not worth it when one large scale bypass can be done. Better to spend a little extra and go with the kit already assembled at whatever wattage you want if you're just growing a few plants. Unless you know an electrician which is cheaper if done for free, but usually requires making a few holes in the wall. MH is the same deal, just different spectrum. I think that was what you were asking. You didnt go into a lot of detail. Good luck.

The kits have the same quality of parts that the name brand ballasts do. And there's nothing to them. The Ballast,ignitor and capacitor. The worst part of the DIY kits is usually they don't have an inclosure so you have to build something to hold them. But you can use anything.

Yeah there cool. IT's a science project bring the kids. Build your own transformer I really dig diy stuf and its a kit with all the peices. The same stuff the comercial guy's use, cause it's all off the shelf components. one voltage goes in.... another comes out, the HPS will have an extra part... a coil/capacitor I think.

Some times you can find comercial ballast cheap by looking for the same lights in different fixtures. Construction overstocks, and demolitions take out highbays all the time that are take yer pick wattage MH, and HPS is used in outdoor lighting all the time. If your crafty enough to put these kits together you can repurpose a used fixture... just sayin

Back
Top Bottom