Drop Charges Against Medical Marijuana Patient

420 Warrior

Having suffered from multiple sclerosis for the last 16 years and knowing first hand the benefits of medical marijuana, I am appalled at the way the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office is handling the case of patient Eric Hafner.

Eric Hafner is a 20 year old PTSD Patient from Fair Haven, now residing in California. He was arrested back in November in Middletown Twp. for possession of about a joint worth of Medical Marijuana and his pipe. He recently had to return to NJ for court.

Mr. Hafner's doctor has prescribed him medical marijuana and he is recognized by the State of California as a legal patient. One would think that would be the end of the case as it is painfully obvious that Mr. Hafner is a patient and should be left alone.

Not so in Monmouth County. Despite the fact that our neighboring state of Delaware explicitly recognizes PTSD as a qualifying condition for medical marijuana, the New Jersey authorities want patients to wait two-years before even being able to file a petition to have PTSD listed as a qualifying condition under New Jersey's already overly restrictive medical marijuana program.

The Prosecutor seems to be sticking his head in the sand on this issue. They have tried to push a so-called deal on Mr. Hafner — offering he could enter a program designed for drug addicts known as the, "Conditional Discharge" and pay them over $2,000 in fines. Mr. Hafner is not a "drug addict", he is a patient using a legal medicine prescribed by his doctor.

I urge all who support medical marijuana to call Monmouth County Prosecutor Peter Warshaw at 732-431-7160 ext 7522 and tell him to drop the charges against Eric Hafner in Middletown Municipal Court because Mr. Hafner is a patient, not a criminal.

m_1_.jpg

News Hawk - 420 Warrior 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Atlantic Highlands Herald
Author: Charles Kwiatkowski
Copyright: © 2012. Atlantic Highlands Herald

Brother, recently in Somerset County Court, Somerville NJ an MS patient of over 30 years was sent to state prison for 5 years for growing 12 plants in his basement for his personal use. I Know that THC slows down the crippling effects of MS. He wasn't selling it, but couldn't afford street prices either, being disabled and little income all his life.
The Compassionate Use of Medicinal Marijuana law was passed here in NJ almost 21/2 years ago. I recently read that now the only 6 dispensaries may be held back from starting their grows for another year. So I emailed the governor about my own horrific pain issues, the horrific effects of modern meds and painkillers given to me for almost 2 decades, and how pot helped me better than all of them. He did write back to me, and claimed he was waiting for the feds to give him a guarantee that they won't be raiding NJ dispensaries and employees, which claimed they recently gave, and has given the go ahead for dispensaries to start production.. Maybe he was just blowing smoke up my ass like most politicians, maybe not. Time will tell. But this is just a plain sin for the guy you mentioned. My absolute hatred for this government grows more each and every minute.
Thanks for all that YOU DO
Peace

Back
Top Bottom