Drying room/rack systems?

TheKiller

Greetings, Hope everyone survived the Christmas season... I did..stayed home with my GF and mailed everything out.... very relaxing time..;)

I am just about a week maybe week and ahalf from harvest and am trying to decide how/where I will do the dry/cure?

Thinking about picking up a storage closet like this..

Walmart.com: Rubbermaid 60" Garment Closet: Storage & Organization

Would add a lower rack for 2 levels of hanging plants. Need to hang and dry out nine very solid girls.

Cut a low hole on one side and on the opposite side a higher one, place a small fan for air circulation... anyone have any thoughts on this?

Would leave in outside my grow room, next to one of my exhaust vent holes, this will keep it around 70ish degrees ...

Anyone use this type of room?

Thanks SettingSun, I went ahead and picked one up last evening, will put it together today and see how much room I have to work with? I might have to pick up another one?
Also bought an 8$ digital temp/humidity meter to leave inside, works really well for 8 bucks!

Odor control isn't really a big problem , now that the holidays are over.
There are no homes close enough to be able to get whiff of what is happening in my basement..

I have have 2, 3 foot carbon cans in my grow room, that works fine in there, the drying area is pretty much out of the way from any prying eyes of noses!

It's gonna stink up the place, but thats just fine by me!

How about temps in yer basement? If they're below 72F ya might have a potential mold problem:>)

Yup, have the temp/heat issue well in hand... all it takes is a space heater..;) Thats why I bought the small temp/humidity meter( really 8 bucks!!) stays around 65 down there. I had a new wall installed in there last fall, all insulated and a seperate area/room for my grow.. this will be inside that area... I have one of my vents running to that room and the other vent (blowing heat threw the light hoods) blows into the colder area, with a system that allows me to direct the heat into the garage or up into the main level of my house.. free heat!

I will come back here and let ya all know how this works out.. haven't read nor heard of anyone else using one of these closets to dry out with.. really pretty cheap way to have a separate area to do so... Paid 26 bucks in store for the closet!

got it all put together and placed it near the vent from the grow room. Lined the inside, top, back and bottom with 5 mil plastic. Will place mirrors on the bottom , to catch any little bits falling off during the dry.

Cut a small vent hole on the top,side left, and a a matching one bottom side right for small space heater/fan to gently blow threw.. works like a charm.. figure I will be able to dry all nine girls at once. Three levels of plants hung with lite wire...

I would recommend this to anyone that doesn't have smell issues.

Should have it filled up and working with in a week to a week and half!!

got it all put together and placed it near the vent from the grow room. Lined the inside, top, back and bottom with 5 mil plastic. Will place mirrors on the bottom , to catch any little bits falling off during the dry.

Cut a small vent hole on the top,side left, and a a matching one bottom side right for small space heater/fan to gently blow threw.. works like a charm.. figure I will be able to dry all nine girls at once. Three levels of plants hung with lite wire...

I would recommend this to anyone that doesn't have smell issues.

Should have it filled up and working with in a week to a week and half!!

Sounds great get some pics up I want to see this thing:thanks:

Ok, its really not as cool as all that( to me it is), :) just a simple fix for a tricky issue...

here are some pics of the closet, with the plastic sheeting inside.. Might want to check out my pics in the gallery, will see how low and bushy they are...which of course will be prefect for drying in this size closet!

Fer cryin out loud.. system down or what? I am unable to load any pics here....!

My Gallery link
TheKiller Gallery - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Back
Top Bottom