Drying room temperature

Suck

Hello growers,

so my plants are coming close to harvest time and since this is my first grow i am trying to figure out the best place to dry them. I have this closet which we use as storage and it felt like an appropriate place. My plant is to hang 2 ropes from one wall to another and use clothing hangers. But to my question: there is perfect humidity of 50% but the temperature is higher then recommended, there is almost 26°C and its quite cold outside at the moment so possibly it will go even higher in warm days. Is that ok for drying room? Thanks a lot in advance.

I may be an outlier, but a perfect RH for drying (for me) would be 62%. Bud equalizes with environment, so it would be 62% as well. In theory, if one built a humidor for drying, they could hang their buds for drying and curing, and not have to do a thing.

I’d love to have a setup like that, however you work with what ya got. I’m usually 70F-75F, 50%-55% RH. Not too bad, but still have to keep an eye out to not get too dry and blow the cure.

Air movement is important. Especially if it’s really warm in there, make sure the air isn’t blowing directly on the flowers. My drying room seems to work fine at 50-55% humidity and between 75-80 degrees. I just make sure the fan is merely there to slowly circulate air. I have killed the flavor of many crops by over drying from poor/aggressive fan placement.

In the summer months I've had up to 30c in my drying box. Dried a tad faster but didn't affect anything for me. RH was always between 50 and 65.
Hello Mastrmasn, thats exactly what i wanned to hear :) I was almost looking for another place to dry it. Cheers dude!

Sup Suck? I wouldn't worry about the temp, especially if there's no option for change. That looks like 78 F in my house. I've dries that temp and higher even. I couldn't tell any difference. If you have 50% rh you're golden.
Yo Stoneotter (cool nickname btw), there is aways an option but i dont really wanna buy one of those expensive AC units just for this purpose :) I am happy to hear that its not that big of a deal. Thanks for your input sir.

If you're willing to buy a fridge or have room in one to spare, check out Dr Ziggy's low and slow method. Sweet Sue is sold and I'm going to give it a try on my next dry.
Hello TysonOG, i will definately check that out, although my only fridge is filled with food for my 4 hungry throats that i am taking care of .) Still thank you, i didnt even know that was an option.

I may be an outlier, but a perfect RH for drying (for me) would be 62%. Bud equalizes with environment, so it would be 62% as well. In theory, if one built a humidor for drying, they could hang their buds for drying and curing, and not have to do a thing.

I’d love to have a setup like that, however you work with what ya got. I’m usually 70F-75F, 50%-55% RH. Not too bad, but still have to keep an eye out to not get too dry and blow the cure.
Hello Multivortex, thanks for your insight. I actually thought that around 60 is best later on for curing, at least thats what i have seen in almost all articles online. Like you said i have to work with what i have and i am not planning to spend much more for equipment (ive already spent a lot of nutes and stuff). I will be monitoring the drying process really often to not over dry it. Thanks dude!

Air movement is important. Especially if it’s really warm in there, make sure the air isn’t blowing directly on the flowers. My drying room seems to work fine at 50-55% humidity and between 75-80 degrees. I just make sure the fan is merely there to slowly circulate air. I have killed the flavor of many crops by over drying from poor/aggressive fan placement.
Yo goody, i will definately put a fan in the room, most likely blowing to the wall or floor. The air is pretty static in that closet so i kinda have to do that.

Thank you all so much, what a wonderful bunch of helpful people at this forum. I apreciate your help :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom