Suck's Soil Outdoor White Widow Auto, 2020

Suck

Hello folks,

this is my first journal, second grow in total. My first grow is not completed yet but i do not expect much of it since i screwed so many things on the way. I have learned some valuable lessons though and i am hoping this time i will not reapeat the same misakes. Any ideas / comments are highly apreciated.

So few details regarding the grow:
- I have 3x White Widow auto by Royal Queen Seeds (+ Northern Light auto as bonus, but that guy will go into the garden)
- I am growing outdoors, on the balcony (south side). They are outside 24/7 since the temperature does not drop below 15°C at night anymore.
- I am using soil as a medium, specifically BioNova Bio SoilMix.
- All 4 seeds germinated 15.6.2020 so they are in their first week of life
- Currently they are sitting in solocups and will be transplanted into 3 gallon smart pots later on
- I am feding with Plagron Alga (Grow, Bloom and Green Sensation) and adding Ata Atazymes and Canna Rhizotonic
- I am not measuring PH or EC

Here is first entry of my journal. First week, fed only with 40mls / 10l of Canna Rhizotonic:
First day ater germination (seedling sheel got stuck but after spraying it in the morning and in the evening it fell off)
IMG_20200616_090647.jpg

One week of age:
IMG_20200622_151128.jpg

Hello Bent,

thanks for joining in. So you think they are ready to pot up? Regarding the issue with final pot, i am aware of what you are saying but many people have different opinion on this. Some say that when you keep them in solo cup for some time the root system grows better and also it is easier to not overwater them and easier watering in general. Also the same people claim that if you do the transplant carefully the plant barely notices it. From my experience where i have half of the plants in their final pots since start and half of them started in solo cups i have to say that the plants starting in solo cups are doing slightly better (are bigger). Of course it might be just coincidence but who knows. I am mainly experimenting and trying different things. For example with this badge i am planning to LST 2 of them to compare final yields to decide whether its worth it in my conditions (balcony).

Anyway, thanks a lot for your input dude!

I have 3 autos growing now, 1 was lst, the other 2 were topped. My lst plant is a monster but it is 70 days old with at least 2 more weeks to go. The 2 that were topped are 3 weeks younger and closer to finish. I did notice that when I topped my fruit punch it did stunt it for a few days, and instantly started to flower. Not sure if it was caused by the topping or just bad timing on my part, but it did affect the yield.

Aight, so 15 days in i went for transplant. Unfortunately the root system was not completely through the soil and also the soil was bit too dry (lesson learned) so when i toke it out of the solo cup the rootball bit collapsed, but nothing too serious in my opinion. After transplant i watered around the little plants with 8 ml (into 2l water) of Canna Rhizotonic and sprayed a bit onto leafs as well.

IMG_20200630_134219.jpgIMG_20200630_134227.jpg

Next time i will try to use this product by Jiffy: Kulaté květináčky Jiffy 6x6cm - Higarden.cz

Supposedly you can start the seedling in it and then just put it directly in the soil along with the cup itself. They claim the roots will grow through it and eventually it will dissolve since its made from wood strings or something. Seems like a good way to not expose the plants to stress during transplantation.

Aight, so 15 days in i went for transplant. Unfortunately the root system was not completely through the soil and also the soil was bit too dry (lesson learned) so when i toke it out of the solo cup the rootball bit collapsed, but nothing too serious in my opinion. After transplant i watered around the little plants with 8 ml (into 2l water) of Canna Rhizotonic and sprayed a bit onto leafs as well.

IMG_20200630_134219.jpgIMG_20200630_134227.jpg

Next time i will try to use this product by Jiffy: Kulaté květináčky Jiffy 6x6cm - Higarden.cz

Supposedly you can start the seedling in it and then just put it directly in the soil along with the cup itself. They claim the roots will grow through it and eventually it will dissolve since its made from wood strings or something. Seems like a good way to not expose the plants to stress during transplantation.
I use the jiffy 3 inch for my seeds with jiffy seedling starter. They stay in this pot for 1 week then transplant. I peel the pot off before transplant though as they do not degrade. It peels easily away from the root with no issues in my experience.
I had some with tomatoes in the ground that were still there this spring from last years plant. They were fully intact with root ball inside.

Suck I use them for tomatoes also. I always rip them open before planting. Just like kanda said I dig them up every year complete. Not sure I would trust that roots would grow through it.

Well then i dont really see the point of using them since if i have to rip them open then i can just keep using solo cups. Anyway thank you for the info :)

Hello fellow growers,

plants seem to be recovering quite nicely, thrips are gone. Today i attempted my first LST. I am not expecting much of it i just want to compare yield of trained vs not trained plants. Hopefully i have done it correctly, time will tell :)

LST:
IMG_20200709_145837.jpgIMG_20200709_150518.jpg
Rest of plants:
IMG_20200709_145840.jpgIMG_20200709_145843.jpg

Back
Top Bottom