Suck's Grow Journal

You know that Tom Petty wrote a song about this, don’t ya?

Interesting trichomes of Blueberry Auto:
IMG_20200711_201533.jpg

Well, well, well, blueberry looking trichomes. That’s a first for me.

I was thinking, that people say that to see if trichomes are ready for harvest, you look for either clear, cloudy, or amber. So if they are blue in color, does that mean they are ready??? Beats me.

I was thinking, that people say that to see if trichomes are ready for harvest, you look for either clear, cloudy, or amber. So if they are blue in color, does that mean they are ready??? Beats me.

Ye its quite strange but i guess cloudy doesnt have to mean cloudy white - it could be cloudy red :)

Hello growers, i am really sad :/ I have been battling all sorts of pests all the way and i occassionally found tiny sspots of powdery mildew. I have tried couple of things - neem oil spray, milk mixed with water, getting rid of infested leaves. Unfortunately one plant (quite nice one) is infected a lot at the moment, just before harvest :( I dont know what to do.. shall i just throw it away? Shall i try the Jorge Cervantes rinsing in H2O2 method? What do you guys think? I am actually not even sure how bad my PM is because its my first time growing and i have no experience. Thanks a lot in advance. Here are some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_200510.jpg
    IMG_20200715_200510.jpg
    756.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20200715_200526.jpg
    IMG_20200715_200526.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 96
I’ve never had powdery mildew. Do you have a fan blowing on them at night? I see that @InTheShed posted a little something early this morning about PM in his journal on page 1067, post #21,331. Check it out and don’t be shy about posting over there if you have any questions. Lots of good great folks over there to help you out.

I’ve never had powdery mildew. Do you have a fan blowing on them at night? I see that @InTheShed posted a little something early this morning about PM in his journal on page 1067, post #21,331. Check it out and don’t be shy about posting over there if you have any questions. Lots of good great folks over there to help you out.

No, i dont have a fan blowing over them at night. I might do that with the other plants though. In the end i chopped the infested plant, trimmed it and it wasnt that bad after all. I did the famous Jorge Cervantes bath in peroxide, rinsed it in water and put in front of a fan for 2 hours. Now its drying in cardbox (dont want to use the same room as for the healthy plants). I will see how it goes, not sure if i am going to smoke it but i think at least for Ghee it should be fine.

This is how the plant looks after all the procedures:
IMG_20200716_225533.jpg

And this is a plants i chopped yesterday, nothing special quantity wise but i have dried a small bud couple days ago and its quite strong so im happy:
IMG_20200715_180620.jpg

And to my biggest surprise after all the blunders - it tastes great! And thats only freshly dried :ganjamon:

I got some botrytis (bud rot) on a plant last year. After doing a bunch of reading, I have a fan on them all the time they are in flower. So far, no bud rot this year.

I got some botrytis (bud rot) on a plant last year. After doing a bunch of reading, I have a fan on them all the time they are in flower. So far, no bud rot this year.
So i did what you suggested, for last week i have a fan blowing on them 24/7. Unfortunately still have small powdery mildew spots. I bought this special fungus that should take care of it, we shall see. Most of the older plants are harvested not, but i am worried for my young white widows.

IMG_20200720_140645.jpgIMG_20200723_095950.jpgIMG_20200724_093514.jpgIMG_20200724_094533.jpgIMG_20200724_094536.jpg

Nice looking buds!

Glad to see you got a fan going. I notice some bud rot on two of my plants yesterday. I removed all that I could see and then sprayed the area with a mixture of 20% milk to 80% water. That’s suppose to help. Those two should be ready to harvest soon. I actually brought them inside last to a room with a ceiling fan and a dehumidifier hoping that would help get rid of the excess moisture. We’ll see.

I also have a White Widow, but she’s just beginning to flower, so it will be a while before I have to worry about bud rot on her. I’m more concerned about spider mites at this stage.

Nice looking buds!

Glad to see you got a fan going. I notice some bud rot on two of my plants yesterday. I removed all that I could see and then sprayed the area with a mixture of 20% milk to 80% water. That’s suppose to help. Those two should be ready to harvest soon. I actually brought them inside last to a room with a ceiling fan and a dehumidifier hoping that would help get rid of the excess moisture. We’ll see.

I also have a White Widow, but she’s just beginning to flower, so it will be a while before I have to worry about bud rot on her. I’m more concerned about spider mites at this stage.
Sorry to hear that mate, hopefully you will get rid of that. I have tried the milk substance too and it didnt really work in my case. Good luck dude!

Those blood red looking trics r awesome looking, sorry bout the pests and bud rot
Thanks, it was a first for me too. Luckily all most of the plants made it to harvest already so i think i won this season over those small creatures :)

Sorry to hear that mate, hopefully you will get rid of that. I have tried the milk substance too and it didnt really work in my case. Good luck dude!
It does work for powdery mildew. Had some on one of my Zucchini hills. Sprayed that hill and the other one which was OK with the milk solution. Sprayed twice a week about 20 days after the first spray the mildew was almost completely gone. I would think that it works on Marijuana but we would have to wait a couple of weeks before it starts to disappear.

It does work for powdery mildew. Had some on one of my Zucchini hills. Sprayed that hill and the other one which was OK with the milk solution. Sprayed twice a week about 20 days after the first spray the mildew was almost completely gone. I would think that it works on Marijuana but we would have to wait a couple of weeks before it starts to disappear.
I am not saying it doesnt work, i am saying it didnt work for me :) I kept spraying it quite often but it didnt seem to stop PM from spreading. Maybe i want persistent enough. The fungus i am using now though, that helped instantly.

This one will be nice, i feel it :)
IMG_20200729_085354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom