Updated Grow Journal

ZayWill10

Strain(s): Bubba kush & Gorilla Glue auto

Medium: Bushdoctor Coco

Nutes: General Hydroponics line (3 part series)

Light: Agroflex T5 - 100W

Hello all, I’ve posted a couple times before but it’s been some time since I’ve started my grow and a lots changed.

I’m 5 weeks into the grow and I’ve got a ton of questions. I’ll post some pics to show an idea of the stage I’m at, but I guess overall I’d like to hear some opinions on how healthy my plants look or areas of concern.

NOTES:
-The Bubba kush recently snapped, almost in half. It’s been taped up and hasn’t shown any signs of it wilting or dying.
- I was recently running the plants under a UV LED up until about a week ago. Not sure if the new, current light is doing any better or worse than the UV. I have pics from both.

QUESTIONS/CONCERNS:
- I was wondering if the pistils I’m seeing on the autos are from pre flower or just new growth?

- If the Bubba is recovering from an almost severing, is it safe at all to take away fan leaves for better light penetration and to focus energy use in other areas?

Attachments

• 07EA3941-7EE6-4597-B149-44CF428DFDBE.jpeg
    07EA3941-7EE6-4597-B149-44CF428DFDBE.jpeg
    703.5 KB · Views: 94
  • DA6BC989-5F64-4383-A1C2-0E02450EC5CF.jpeg
    DA6BC989-5F64-4383-A1C2-0E02450EC5CF.jpeg
    808.4 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    653.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 96
Hey Zay! :ciao:
Awesome setup, and your plants are looking really healthy. :welldone:
I was wondering if the pistils I’m seeing on the autos are from pre flower or just new growth?
That's quite a few pistils on her, so i'd say she's started flowering, so she'll be putting her energy into flower production from here onwards.
If you want to still encourage vertical growth i'd start with half veg half bloom nutrients, and once she stops growing vertically and ramps up the speed on bud production i'd probably switch fully to bloom nutes. How old is your auto?
If the Bubba is recovering from an almost severing, is it safe at all to take away fan leaves for better light penetration and to focus energy use in other areas?
I'd wait till you are 100% certain she's recovered from the stem snapping. Start with a leaf here and there every day not to cause stress to her all at once.
Other than that they are looking great. I'll be around for the rest of your grow :ganjamon::passitleft:

Thank you so much for the feedback. This is my very first time growing so I’m pretty excited! :yahoo:

There’s 2 autos and they’re both Gorilla Glue. They’re about 6 weeks and some change? As of right now, I’m using General Hydroponics Flora line, and I’m using the basic application and I’m on the “transition to bloom” phase I believe.

One auto is definitely flowering, the other is showing pistil but not necessarily bud sites. Maybe a little more vertical growth left.

Hey Zay! :ciao:
Awesome setup, and your plants are looking really healthy. :welldone:

That's quite a few pistils on her, so i'd say she's started flowering, so she'll be putting her energy into flower production from here onwards.
If you want to still encourage vertical growth i'd start with half veg half bloom nutrients, and once she stops growing vertically and ramps up the speed on bud production i'd probably switch fully to bloom nutes. How old is your auto?

I'd wait till you are 100% certain she's recovered from the stem snapping. Start with a leaf here and there every day not to cause stress to her all at once.
Other than that they are looking great. I'll be around for the rest of your grow :ganjamon::passitleft:
Since these pictures, I have removed a few fan leaves to get some better light penetration beneath the canopy. I guess that’s one struggle I’m having, is getting consistent growth. Is it something I’m doing? Is it something my set up or lights aren’t capable of?

This is my very first time growing so I’m pretty excited! :yahoo:
I guess that’s one struggle I’m having, is getting consistent growth. Is it something I’m doing? Is it something my set up or lights aren’t capable of?
Your plants are looking great! Especially for your first grow. Much better than how my first grow turned out lemme tell you that! :rofl:
There’s 2 autos and they’re both Gorilla Glue.
Nice! Glue crosses are usually very frosty.

Your plants are looking great! Especially for your first grow. Much better than how my first grow turned out lemme tell you that! :rofl:

Nice! Glue crosses are usually very frosty.
Thanks man, I appreciate that. It’s definitely a confidence booster. I see some big amazing plants and I’m like “Dang, I wish I was at that level”, but it’s all baby steps. Hopefully every year I get better.

As for the strains I’m growing, Bubba is my moms favorite strain and Glue seemed like an easy first timer. Are there any other strains you recommend as far as high yields and easy work? Appreciate all the feedback.

Since these pictures, I have removed a few fan leaves to get some better light penetration beneath the canopy. I guess that’s one struggle I’m having, is getting consistent growth. Is it something I’m doing? Is it something my set up or lights aren’t capable of?
Hey Zay, how far away is your plants from the T5? It looks like you could pull it down a little bro because of the size of your plants can handle it. I have one plant under T5 2ft 4 bulb about 3 or 4 inches away. Not saying you should lower that much.
Are you flowering with that T5?

Hey Zay, how far away is your plants from the T5? It looks like you could pull it down a little bro because of the size of your plants can handle it. I have one plant under T5 2ft 4 bulb about 3 or 4 inches away. Not saying you should lower that much.
Are you flowering with that T5?
Thanks for the advice man, I’ve honestly been looking for a little help on that actually. You answered part of the question I’m running into. I’ll pull the light a little bit closer.

I’m perplexed on whether I want to flower under a t5 or an LED. I have no idea if my t5 is even sufficient. :/

My buddy has a t5 that works wonders (an 8 bulb but he still only usually uses 4) and I’m not really seeing results like he is.

I would definitely look into a solid light source for flowering when you get ready. T5 are great for veg but you want something a little stronger in flower imo. I had to save my money to buy want I wanted for my flowering tent. lol..you want the biggest bang for you buck on a flowering light.
Does space look like it will be an immediate issue for me? I do plan on getting a bigger tent(running a 2x2) but I’m waiting until I’m able to.

Would you recommend flowering with a COB LED? I’ve been doing my fair share of research on those.

2x2 is great size for starting out and if you are running autos that all you need for now. Definitely, new leds are awesome. I have 200watt cob led in 2x2 and wish I had them 10 years ago..lol..HPS is still fantastic but in the 2x2 I would go with Cobs my friend
I can’t say how much easier you’ve just made this process. Thank you my friend! :adore:

I do plan on renovating my closet to start my flowering in there and vegging in my tent(s).

I’ll make sure to keep you updated on my advancements.

Pulling up a chair. I'm currently running fluorescent lighting as well. My grow area just gets too hot with more than 150 watts.
Im running the AC on 72 degrees the basement is where my 2 girls are located and it's 70( outside tent 73 inside) vents open 200 watt demible wide open for flowering.

I know I don’t post that often but I guess I should be asking more questions.

Just a few update photos.

The 2 flowering are gonna be on their way out into another space. I guess I’m just curious to know if everything still looks to be running smoothly or anything that I could adjust. I know it’s getting a little tight but I’m working on getting another space together.

Thanks for stopping by! :Namaste::snowboating:

Cheers

Attachments

• 195D9415-3CEE-4801-85EB-E8B479F23EFE.jpeg
    195D9415-3CEE-4801-85EB-E8B479F23EFE.jpeg
    874.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 2BE6CC06-7B07-4039-B669-81A49BEF4BD5.jpeg
    2BE6CC06-7B07-4039-B669-81A49BEF4BD5.jpeg
    669.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 17362FBF-0B34-48E9-9F32-2789CEB0B8EB.jpeg
    17362FBF-0B34-48E9-9F32-2789CEB0B8EB.jpeg
    499.5 KB · Views: 85