Any advice? Need a bit of perspective

ZayWill10

Strain(s): Bubba kush & Gorilla Glue auto

Medium: Bushdoctor Coco

Nutes: General Hydroponics line (3 part series)

Light: Agroflex T5 - 100W

Hello all, I’ve posted a couple times before but it’s been some time since I’ve started my grow and a lots changed.

I’m 5 weeks into the grow and I’ve got a ton of questions. I’ll post some pics to show an idea of the stage I’m at, but I guess overall I’d like to hear some opinions on how healthy my plants look or areas of concern.

NOTES:
-The Bubba kush recently snapped, almost in half. It’s been taped up and hasn’t shown any signs of it wilting or dying.
- I was recently running the plants under a UV LED up until about a week ago. Not sure if the new, current light is doing any better or worse than the UV. I have pics from both.

QUESTIONS/CONCERNS:
- I was wondering if the pistils I’m seeing on the autos are from pre flower or just new growth?

- If the Bubba is recovering from an almost severing, is it safe at all to take away fan leaves for better light penetration and to focus energy use in other areas?

Attachments

• 2093F385-4C74-4895-8C88-442AD3FCA37B.jpeg
    2093F385-4C74-4895-8C88-442AD3FCA37B.jpeg
    703.5 KB · Views: 110
  • DA577F1E-9E3F-4D55-B71A-3C4BEE9E0C02.jpeg
    DA577F1E-9E3F-4D55-B71A-3C4BEE9E0C02.jpeg
    808.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 3E4E9FC8-A7FF-4FE6-9C73-1F254BAE2640.jpeg
    3E4E9FC8-A7FF-4FE6-9C73-1F254BAE2640.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 113
The plants are looking good. Are you feeding the bloom and ripen formulation now? Just cut the leaves that are shading bud sites, or are in the shade themselves. They are the factories and warehouses of energy for the plant. At the end they will send all the stored energy to the buds to help them ripen.

I’ve clipped a couple fan leaves and leaves that we’re dying on the gorilla auto to see how it reacted and it seems very strong.

As for the bushier plant, it recently snapped. Is it still safe to cut fan leaves away from shade?
The plants are looking good. Are you feeding the bloom and ripen formulation now? Just cut the leaves that are shading bud sites, or are in the shade themselves. They are the factories and warehouses of energy for the plant. At the end they will send all the stored energy to the buds to help them ripen.

I’ve clipped a couple fan leaves and leaves that we’re dying on the gorilla auto to see how it reacted and it seems very strong.

As for the bushier plant, it recently snapped. Is it still safe to cut fan leaves away from shade?
yes

It wouldn’t hermie the plant? I’m talking it it was hanging by a thread so I’m not sure how stressed she already is.

It shouldn't cause the plant to hermie. Many experienced growers support the branch, tape the wound, and carry on as per normal. The wound will heal. View it a a severe form of supercropping.

Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom