Drying

misspiggy412

Is anyone in favor of drying the whole plant...with tap root .rather than taking branches? Also has anyone taken their buds in stages because of under growth is behind because of light...would they continue to mature..after taking a large amount of top canopy..or would it be too much of a shock..and always do the whole plant at same time??.

I myself hang the whole plant, and the under stuff i usually remove when trimming the buds and use it for oil or hash. :peace:

My thinking. So I will have to learn edibles or oils or hash....my first grow so didnt do alot of pruning or deleafing till late. So yes I will have some.
I'm with you take the whole plant....sooo how pulled it shake the dirt loose....trim up....root? Then deleaf....?

I trim and dry the whole plant in the pot. Can't speak to varying maturation because I remove all growth under 4th node as soon as I get a healthy node 6. Not a recommendation, rather a method that works for me. Auto grower.

Attachments

• IMG_20190925_193033444_HDR (1).jpg
    IMG_20190925_193033444_HDR (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20200522_164948481.jpg
    IMG_20200522_164948481.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200522_180327124.jpg
    IMG_20200522_180327124.jpg
    753.5 KB · Views: 24
Yes, you can harvest in stages. Chop the top colas and wait for mids & lowers to develop further.

Hanging the whole plant is ok but most break down to single branches so they can space them out for better airflow.

If you do hang the whole plant just check it frequently because pm can hit after harvest and while beginning the cure. Keep the air moving but don’t put fans or dehum pointed right at your plant or in very close proximity. This will cause them to dry too quickly.

Also recommend you try bud washing. Whatever trim is produced like fan leaves & browned up sugar leaves can be used for cobs or oil etc.

I cut the fan leaves ( water leaves ) off the day before i chop it, there no good anyways, then chop at the bottom of stem or pull from root if you want then hang whole plant with the sugar leaves on. Try for at least a seven day dry the longer the better, at about 67degrees f and about 45-55 RH till the branches almost snap, then trim and jar burping the jars twice a day for one or two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom