DWC and SOG growing

JediPeaceFrog

Hey all. Still doing the research...I'm pretty close to going the SOG route...perpetual harvest every 4 weeks or so, not too hardcore...and have come up with some pretty conflicting viewpoints concerning DWC and SOG. I understand that the biggest drawback would be the fact that you really can't move your plants around, like you would a ebb-n-flow tray system. What i'm planning on doing is using x2 6-site DWC tub setup, each tub is 24Lx15wx8h, side by side(or front to back?)in a 3x3 tent using a 600w hps. Now, what I would do is load up one 6-site tub, wait 4 weeks, then fill the other. So I would be able to completely clean and disinfect each tub after every harvest. So...I guess what I need to know is experienced peoples' opinions on the pros and cons of using DWC for a SOG grow? Thanks in advance. Peace. :thumb:

Will be growing White Widow X BigBud, btw, if that's relevant to the discussion.

The only drawback would be tangled roots but you have that covered with 2 tubs.
with only 1 harvest a month I am not sure if that would be considered SOG but I like the idea.I have never attempted it because of the waist of space in the tent/box/room on the first month so I always fill it up to get the most out of my light/electricity usage.

They would have to be small plants to work in a 3x3 tent with 2 totes.I am now doing something like you are thinking about but I am running 2 3x3 tents and 400 watt lights in each.

If I were to run a 600 watt light I would use a 4x4 tent with 2 2x4 totes/dwc tubs to make the most out of the wattage.The strains you are growing will need the room.imo hope that helps :) Solo

Back
Top Bottom