Electricity and Ampere related question

AbrahamA

Hey there 420 family I have a question for you that's been bothering my head lately.
I've been growing my babies for the past few months and I'm going to be harvesting them next month, hopefully. I'm using a Growblu Apollo 240x3W grow light which draws about 5.2A and 450W off the wall through a 1500VA 900W UPS, sharing it with a beastly computer with a 850W 12A PSU. I haven't had any problems with electricity, in terms of tripping the circuit (I don't know if the term is right) except for once in a while, when I run the microwave (This usually happens when all the plugs in the household are occupied). It's an old building, and I live in a tiny studio, so the wiring might be terrible even though I haven't really had any problems as I mentioned. Next year I'm moving to a larger apartment, preferably a 2 or 3 bedroom one, and I was thinking of setting up a larger tent with three of those 240x3W babies. This'll be in one of the rooms where I'll probably be having my computer as well as some other hobby related things. My question is, what should I be looking into when I move into that apartment? The system only is gonna be drawing around 25A when considering the fans and the pumps, as well as some other minor things. Would this create a problem where the circuit trips? If I got two of those 1500VA 900W UPSs, does this help prevent that? Can I maybe add more breakers into the box? I honestly don't know how these things all work, and are related, so I really need your help. Does adding breakers, or doing something else without being able to touch the wiring of the apartment at all helps prevent these problems? Thanks!!

Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS) are completely useless for your problem.

You absolutely cannot just add another breaker. All the wiring already exists, adding a breaker means you'll have an extra breaker with no wiring on it.

You can't add a larger breaker because it WILL cause a fire. Not maybe, not if, not sometimes. It WILL cause a fire and people/property will be lost.

To solve the problem you need to run an additional circuit, or remove some items on the circuit. That's it. And if you're asking the question, my assumption is that you may not be qualified to safely run another circuit, so for your safety, and the safety of others, take some time, plug a lamp into each wall socket, turn off breakers, write down what breaker controls what, and redistribute your higher current drawing items onto circuits that aren't being used as much.

Back
Top Bottom