epsom salts ?

Re: epsom salts ???

Ive just put 3 table spoons of epsom salts into my 35ltr res and it raised the EC from 0.8 to 2.0 will this fuck my young plants up, would this be a wrong reading? I would be able to change the nute sollution before next feed, should i worry about these dam salts ??? HELP.......

Too much Magnesium from the epsom salt can/will lead to phosphorous def. Look for darkening fans leaves towards the bottom working up the plant. The leaves turn dark, thin, and brittle. Safe bet for def is 1 tsp per gallon or stay with an actual Cal-Mag supplement and follow the bottles application instructions. 2.0 is about 1000ppm and that is on the high side for young plants especially if most of that comes from 1 element. To be safe I would dilute or start over.

Re: epsom salts ???

Cheers man, i know 2.0 is way to high for the young plants but i just asumed the EC metre was acting up sure ya know what they say about asumsion being the mother of all fuck ups, anyway thanks m8, im away to empty this bitch of a tank again, thanks again m8 :peace:

Back
Top Bottom