Feds Cracking Down On Cannabis Advocates

A dozen people linked to medical marijuana distribution in California were arrested earlier this month...

Medical marijuana dispensaries have draw scrutiny in several states.

Last week, federal marijuana charges were filed against the founder and director of the Hawaii Cannabis Ministry and 13 associates. Federal authorities said Roger Christie led a major marijuana growing, processing, and distribution ring.

Also last week, the Montana Caregivers Network said it was shutting down its traveling medical marijuana clinics amid criticism that they have added thousands of people to the state's legal marijuana registry without conducting thorough patient screenings. In the future, the group will operate through doctors' office hours.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: MensNewsDaily.com
Author: Mike LaSalle
Copyright: 2010 Sex+Metropolis

* Thanks to MedicalNeed for submitting this article

Yea while everyone is voting yes for the enslavement act that is prop19... you can thank veterans and their doctors for a possible true freedom!

Veterans for Medical Cannabis Access

Welcome to the VMMA Website | VMMA

Veterans Health Administration Tolerates Veterans Use of Medicinal Cannabis as Adjunct Therapy to VA Hospital Supplied Opioids.

In a July 6, 2010 letter addressed to the Executive Director of Veterans for Medical Cannabis Access (VMMA), Robert A. Petzel, MD, Under Secretary for Health of the Department of Veterans Affairs wrote, “If a Veteran obtains and uses medical marijuana in a manner consistent with state law, testing positive for marijuana would not preclude the Veteran from receiving opioids for pain management in a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) facility.”

According to Michael Krawitz, recipient of the letter and himself a disabled US Air Force Veteran, “The work we did on this issue was for all Vets of all time periods. My personal injuries led me to find medical cannabis to help control my chronic pain. My fellow Vets, thousands of them have found the same medicine to relieve their suffering and will appreciate this strong support and Dr. Petzel's attention.”
The VHA letter went on to clarify that, ”The provider will take the use of medical marijuana into account in all prescribing decisions, just as the provider would for any other medication.”

Pain contracts now in place in the VHA will need to be rewritten. “Standard pain management agreements should draw a clear distinction between the use of illegal drugs, and legal medical marijuana.”

Modern research shows Cannabis to be an important adjunct medicine that both compliments and reduces opioid therapy and is discussed in video lectures at Patients Out of Time, the web site of Patients Out of Time.

Veteran Organizations and Media Contact: Michael “Mike” Krawitz

(540) 365-2141 - Miguet@infionline.net

This will give us a leg to stand on in fed court... good luck with that rec thing.

Back
Top Bottom