Few questions about available lighting system

kokoiv

Hello 420mag!

Im about to start my first complete setup after getting myself a plan over quiet a few time.
At first I want to thank this great community on all their awesome information, grow journals, setups and all the other great posts being created on here. I got most of my knowledge from this site or growing books like Growing Elite Marijhuana by Ryan.

I'm currently on moving to an appartment that i can finally start growing in without having to worry about legal stuff. Lets say its the first time it's actually worth it to start growing. I will start small for the first grow and will have enough room and possibilities to upgrade and do it right in the next grows.

A few questions came up when deciding on lighting. When i quit researching a few years ago LED's and CFL's were mostly not that popular compared to HIDS. Now i see pretty strong CFL's that (probably not watt per lumen ratio) come close to HIDS. I for sure want to either go with CFLS or LEDS! So i came across the Elektrox ESL 6500K,. 250W with about 11000 Lumen. I thought about getting 2 for Growth and 3 Elektrox ESL 2700K, 250w for flowering! Elektrox Energiesparlampe 250W, 2700K.

Btw my first grow room will be arround 1x1 m² !

Today i searched the web and thought about LEDs. I noticed most of them are pretty expensive and then stumbled upon this seller 300W LED Grow Light IR Gemüse Flowering Ertragssteigerung wachsen Licht | eBay

Its a 300w LED with following specification. As it seems to me ity full spectrum with Infra red.

LED output Power: 100PCS*3W high intensity Epileds LEDS
Base Color: White
view Angle: 90 degree and 120 degree mixed
9 Bands for Indoor Plants Growth & Flower
Spectrum of Light: Blue(430~440nm), Blue(450~460nm),470nm Orange(610-615nm) Red(620~630nm), Red(650~660nm), white,UV 380 - 400 nm Real Infrared spectrum: 730nm
730nm(Looks little bright, do not think they are defective Led It Can promote the growth of plants )
UV is sterilization, disinfection
IR is to promote the Flowering,and fruiting
Working Temperature: -20 to 40 ℃
Worldwide Voltage: AC85~265V
Lifespan: 50000-100000 hours

The only thing that i could imnagine that its base color is white? and not white/blue like many other Expensive LEDS?

The spectrum just seem fine for me.

But why the heck its only 90€? Compared to other 300W or 250W Leds cost up to 1000€?

Whats the diffrence and should i rather go with the CFL's?

Thanks in advance!:420:

I have one of those and I do not like it. It is much smaller then other 300w one's in size and has to much red for good vegging for my taste.

If you want to go with the cheaper one's from China that work well. I would go with MarsHydro.

I think they are the best in that market and have worked very well for me.

That one is kind of like their older model. It has about a 165-185w power draw on it.

I would recommend on of these 3w
Reflector series LED Grow Lights - Mars Hydro

or one of these 5w.
Mars II series LED Grow Lights- Mars Hydro

I'm using two Mars Hydro models similar in your picture, except not imposters/lookalikes.

They're bright, and work well:
IMG_20150408_180751_658.jpg

Back
Top Bottom