Figuring out your total, final yield

NiceDreams

Hello all. So just trying to figure out how much yields actually are. I know there are many factors, but what I'm getting at is this: If a plant, say Big Bud, is advertised to yield approx. 600g/sm, does this mean the final, final yield? Or could it be considered a gross total from which to deduct for things such as crop loss, stems/branches, drying loss, etc.?

If I've got the right idea above, and let's say the total yield for a 40 plant indoor crop was 4lbs, then what percentage of this gross total could I expect to deduct for a final, net total? It seems that if I am deducting for stems, bug damage, drying and the like, that it could be significantly less.

Anyway, I appreciate any guidance you can provide!!

you weighed it wet after cut? you can loose up to 75% or more by drying and curing.

you weighed it wet after cut? you can loose up to 75% or more by drying and curing.
No, but wondering if the yield projections you see on the seed vendor sites (e.g. 700g/m2) would be wet or dry weight? Maybe that means dry weight? Sorry, newbie to this but thanks!

it depends on the strain, the density of the buds, the exact situation in your processing room (ie; humidity, circulation patterns, length of time, allowed to dry) etc. I'd never rely on the figures they give you, they want you to buy it, and their average wont be your average, unless you mimic their process exactly.

Harvest it, weigh it, weigh it again dry, trim it, weigh it again. Cure it, weigh it one last final time.

Make a graph, to chart how much it lost at each interval, and you can figure, exactly what percentage you lost, and when you lost it.

it depends on the strain, the density of the buds, the exact situation in your processing room (ie; humidity, circulation patterns, length of time, allowed to dry) etc. I'd never rely on the figures they give you, they want you to buy it, and their average wont be your average, unless you mimic their process exactly.

Harvest it, weigh it, weigh it again dry, trim it, weigh it again. Cure it, weigh it one last final time.

Make a graph, to chart how much it lost at each interval, and you can figure, exactly what percentage you lost, and when you lost it.

Thanks Tronix, I'll do that. In my search I found this site, which has some very useful info. YOR - About Weights and Yields

Back
Top Bottom