First Grow in 10 Years: Back in Da Game!

John Galt

Hi all!

I just wanted to introduce myself, and to post my current grow which is going pretty good, given the raggedy ass start that I had.

I received 6 free clones from my local dispensary, which they actually tried to deny me. When I assigned them to be my care provider they told me that I would receive 6 free clones every month, so when I received a text message from them saying that they had clones for sale ($10) I hurried down to get my FREE ones. After about 15 minutes of "errrs" and "umms," they decided to allow me to select from their dregs. I did, and headed home.

GUYS AND GIRLS, Watch out! At least this first dispensary I have dealt with loaded the clones with nutrients to make them look more healthy--for a while--because they intended to sell them. When I flushed them with RO water, and Potassium Silicate and root conditioner, my PPM skyrocketed to over 800 PPM above what I began with (about 22 PPM). I didn't have any flushing stuff like Final Phase on hand, so I began a surgical process that caused major stress on the plants. Regardless, I was successful, and the grow continues.

Here are the details of the grow:

Medium: Expanded Clay
System: Ebb & Flow (beginning) / Aerobuckets (finish)
Lighting: 1K Watt HPS [air cooled] (flowering) 400 Watt MH (veg)
Temp: 75-80 (day) 68-70 (night)
Humidity: 30-38%
PH: 5.6 (veg) 5.6-6.2 rising incrementally over the course (flower)
PPM: 1,100-1,250 (veg) 1,250-1,500 (flower) [amount varies dependent on where the plants are]

Nutrients: Quality synthetic NPK bases in various forms, mixed according to experience. I will tweak things as I relearn them, and give more detail on subsequent grows. In short, I make my own shit. Also, I use potassium silicate, B vitamins, enzymes, and a root conditioner during the entire grow. For flowering, I add additional P & K along with carbohydrates (Bud Candy for now). I also add every other week Epson Salt for a boost in magnesium and calcium.

I flush weekly with RO water and root conditioner only.

My seeds are in the mail from the Greenhouse in Amsterdam, and when I get them, my setup will be TOTALLY different. The pics from that grow will undoubtedly blow your minds--and mine!

Since I wasn't a member of this site when the grow began on June 8, I am simply going to add the progress to date in this initial posting. I will update weekly with pics from here on out. I added to a discussion topic about mites that you can review to see my standard procedures for pest control. If you are having or have had issues with mites, aphids, or your wicked mother in law, be sure to look for that thread. I think that my suggestions will go a long way towards making your grows pest free.

Day 1 Before the rapid decline-

Group shot
S6301826.JPG

Sativa/Indica Hybrid 1
S6301817.JPG

Sativa/Indica Hybrid 2
S6301820.JPG

Sativa Dominant
S6301821.JPG

Indica/Sativa Hybrid 1
S6301822.JPG

2 1/2 Weeks later in recovery -

The sad group
S6301841.JPG

Sativa Dominant
S6301838.JPG

Sativa/Indica Hybrid 1
S6301834.JPG

Sativa/Indica Hybrid 2
S6301833.JPG

Indica/Sativa Hybrid
S6301831.JPG

Vegetative Growth (FINALLY) -

Group Shot
S6301920.JPG

Sativa Dominant
S6301919.JPG

Indica/Sativa
S6301918.JPG

Sativa/Indica 1 & Indica/Sativa
S6301915.JPG

Flowering Day 1

Sativa/Indica Hybrid 1
S6301925.JPG

Sativa/Indica Hybrid 2
S6301928.JPG

Sativa Dominant
S6301927.JPG

Indica/Sativa Hybrid 1
S6301926.JPG

Flowering End of Week 1

Group Shot
S6301970.JPG

Sativa/Indica Hybrid 1
S6301949.JPG

Sativa/Indica Hybrid 2
S6301952.JPG

Sativa Dominant
S6301955.JPG

Indica Sativa Hybrid
S6301968.JPG

Leaves and if you look closely, you can see flowering starting
S6301959.JPG

More to come on Friday, thanks for checking me out!
:thanks:

Nice grow you got there john. Ive been wanting to try bubblegum for a while. I guess i should post my current grow too.

Thanks, but I am not sure if bubblegum is what it is. I question the integrity of the dispensary where I got the clones from, so I simply call them what their genetics demonstrate visually.

Yeah, you should post your current grow!
:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom