First grow problems

Martin1981

First grow. Third week into flowering.Leaves started to curl down extremely with yellowing tips, sorry but I didn't take photos at the time. So decided to check the runoff water with EC meter, it came out 4.4 and Ph of 5.4. Was feeding with RO water and GH nutes EC around 1.2-1.3 ph'ed to 6.5 with 4-5ml calmag per gallon. Thought that I overfertilized and decided to flush. Flushed the plants till I was getting EC of 1.0. Ph was still in 5.5 area. Leaves are showing strange colour and twisting, what could that be? Is that calcium or magnesium deficiency? I had mites in the week 2, but I got rid of them with foliar spray and neem. At least O cand find any of them at the moment. And also some leaves stems are purple.

Attachments

• 20180926_222109.jpg
    20180926_222109.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20180926_222038.jpg
    20180926_222038.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20180926_222109.jpg
    20180926_222109.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 20180926_222100.jpg
    20180926_222100.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 69
You have multiple problems which is usually caused by pH being whack. But you sound like your pH is alright. I bet you have root rot or some sort of infection preventing uptake. here the debate begins but when all else fails a good EWC tea will fix this. I won't run hydro without it once in a while. Done right you can supplement and remove your nutes from the program almost entierly as well.

Good luck!

You have multiple problems which is usually caused by pH being whack. But you sound like your pH is alright. I bet you have root rot or some sort of infection preventing uptake. here the debate begins but when all else fails a good EWC tea will fix this. I won't run hydro without it once in a while. Done right you can supplement and remove your nutes from the program almost entierly as well.

Good luck!

What is EWC tea? I forgot to say, that I have them in soil with perlite, which I suspect now was prefertilized. I'm also using Great White Shark for the last two weeks, would that help in case of root rot?

Ah well if you are in soil then for this you best bet is an EWC tea. Earth Worm Casting tea. That is a beneficial bacteria that will go into the soil, colonize and take over, fix the pH, eat any bad or rotting stuff and turn that into good stuff.

If you cant make it you could buy some likely if you have a decent grow store near by.

Great white is a beneficial fungus that grows in the roots and wont really help
Your issue.

You said you flushed and that should have fixed it so there may be rot. This typically happens from overwatering. The soil must dry between waterings.

Back
Top Bottom