First time grower - plants in bad shape

Re: First time grower...plants in bad shape :/

i didnt add nutes till i seen the little cotyldons yellowing which was about 2-3 weeks, but i use tap water which doesnt need calcium or magnesium added to it, if you do start new seeds start a journal up mate, should get plenty of help, if you sub up to other journals other people will sub up to yours, i grew in soil for 2 years then changed to hydro done 1 grow succesfully then killed £100 worth of seeds by simply over watering the rockwool, and killed the roots which kinda made them look like your plants do

I would say the nutes r too strong. Flush ur system n start fresh with just ph'd water. Then gradually add nutes at 1/4 strength.

Thanks taylormade420 i definately appreciate the advice. Idk if i should just switch to soil or give the hydro another go lol but with the hydro any suggestions on what i should germ in? Id probably have to use rockwool again if i germ right in the hydroton clay filled net pots right?

im thinking ledgrower is on to something,he said the light is too close,even if the temp is good they need to be about 24-28 inches above
the canopy from what i have read. and with the extra cfl you may be overwhelming the little girl
anyway good luck and take care

I would say to go Simple and Stupid, maybe go to a soil-less grow like Fox Farm Ocean Forrest what I'm using atm. I had a huge problem with the leaf tips burning at the beginning because my lights where too close. Simple nutrient line, if you have a ppm and ph meter I recommend you get a PhUp and PhDown kit which will help you grow hydroponics and make it easier for when you come back to it. This al my opinion you do not have to follow anything I say, just speaking from experience and research.

Thank you flowerchild! And Blazinazn thank you for replying :)
I started off with 1/4 recommended dosage and now its at about 1/2 the recommended. Im using the general hydroponics flora series. Honestly i just thought it didnt seem that hard to go hydro but i guess i was wrong...shouldve maybe started in soil lol. The temp in the tent is usually around 80..85 at the highest. Humidity is about 25%...i have 2small oscillating fans in there...but i feel the circulation could be better. I plan on ordering a 6 inch inline fan ..think that may help?
at 85 degrees you can add co2(an exhale bag will work) and run a closed system. your humidity is low

I appreciate the tips ledgrower187 im definately going to try something different. I do have a ph up/down kit i was using it before i switched to RO water.
Thanks the303stoner!....didnt realize you could run co2 that cheap...i was looking into making my own co2 bottles but the bag will be easier.

I appreciate the tips ledgrower187 im definately going to try something different. I do have a ph up/down kit i was using it before i switched to RO water.
Thanks the303stoner!....didnt realize you could run co2 that cheap...i was looking into making my own co2 bottles but the bag will be easier.

they run $30-40 their white and heavy when new and last for 6 + months. if their brown try to get a discount if they don't cut a deal just get them somewhere else. I don't remember the info but you can try to check out the thread by XLR Big bang Auto. I have one on top of my 400w light I need to replace soon I figure if my temps get to high the CO2 should kick up the plants photosynthesis and not suffer until they hit 90 degrees where I might need two bags

Back
Top Bottom