First time hydro, need some advice on triming/pruning and EC levels.

Vlady

First of all I want to thank this great community for all the great topics really helps. :thumb:

My first time cloning too, I put 16 clones in the Amazon to see if some survived, all survived :cheer:, I thought it would be harder, now I have some space problem. Next time I will use max 8 plants.

I just changed to 12h schedule, still gonna use the MH on 300w for some more weeks.

Should I cut the lower leaf or let them stay some more time? The leafs under are still all health but the light are beginning to get weaker down there.

One more question the EC is around 1.1, should I raise it? And when do I change the nutrition to Canna Aqua Flower? When I start to see the buds forming?

Setup

Strain - All are Dutch Passion , some of them are Power Plant,White Widow and The Ultimate I think, maybe some more.
# of Plants - 14
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Just changed to 12h but I suppose its count as Vegetation stage.
Setup - Amazon
Light - 300 Watt MH
Nutrients - Canna Aqua Veg
Medium - Expanded clay pebbles
EC - 1.1
PH - 5.5
RH - 55% to 60%
Room Temperature -25C
Solution Temperature -24C (a bit high but can't really do anything, have 2 air pumps to help oxygenat the water)
Room Square Footage - 1.2x1.2x2m tend
Pests - None

First day the clones....(sorry don't know how to rotate photo after upload it)
20150612_045754_Large_.jpg

Some week after then the roots begun to show.
20150622_051958_Large_.jpg

Mounting up the net.(The 3 plants on the left are in soil, they are the mother plants of the clones)
1435866887220-4_IMG_20150702_205447_Large_.jpg

And from today....should I let them grow wild or?
1436763713541-4_IMG_20150713_060153_Large_.jpg

1436763761262-4_IMG_20150713_060241_Large_.jpg

If I push the hps on the final stage to 600-660w and if I don't fail whit anything, how much should this yield dry? I know it's hard to guess, but just a number sow I can compare after the cutting.

I'm no expert but I would cut everything under the net. If they are 12/12 soon you will see flowers. As to when to use bloom nutes IDK... I know autos nothin more.

Typically you want to clean up under the net (lollipop) 7-10 days before flipping to 12/12. But around day 21-24 of flower when they stop stretching you can do a light cleanup under the net, it will take a few days for them to get going again, but will benefit the top canopy with the energy going to the top instead of the larf bud underneath.

The week you change from veg to flower or 18/6 - 12/12 is called the transition, you would want to change to the canna bloom, it will help the flower nodes form with the added P, K in the canna bloom nutrient, and less N. Your EC/TDS/PPM looks good at EC@1.1 TDS/PPM@550ppm, that's where I have it at this point with just base nutrients, with supplements I would be at EC 1.5 - 1.6 TDS/PPM 750-800ppm. At week 4-5 flower I would be at EC 1.5 -1.6 TDS/PPM 750-800ppm with just the base nutrients, always raise your EC/TDS/PPM slowly to make sure the plant likes it and can handle it. They look good and healthy.

I would go ahead and introduce the HPS to get more of the red spectrum in there for the flowering process, just my .02 cents. :peace:

Thanks for the fast replay, will do a light clean up under the net and change to hps on the end of the week, I believe the main branch need to stretch some more.

Back
Top Bottom