First time need some advice on Autoflowering plants

GreenMan420

I am Getting ready to start my first indoor grow I am using a 6 plant ------------ system I have three different kinds of auto flowering seeds planing on doing 3 sets of 2 each I am using Technaflora BC nutrients I have a basic 1 square meeter grow room im planing on using I am having a hard time finding information on what kinds of lights I should use and how much to feed the plants Any information on lights for autoflowering plants would be greatly appreciated

I am Getting ready to start my first indoor grow I am using a 6 plant ------------ system I have three different kinds of auto flowering seeds planing on doing 3 sets of 2 each I am using Technaflora BC nutrients I have a basic 1 square meeter grow room im planing on using I am having a hard time finding information on what kinds of lights I should use and how much to feed the plants Any information on lights for autoflowering plants would be greatly appreciated

Green, you have all the same choices in lights as with non-auto strains. With auto strains, however, you do not need to switch to 12/12 to induce flowering. They are genetically pre-programmed to flower after some time. This means that you can flower them under 20+ hours of light, and a benefit is you can flower them in the same room as you're vegging other plants, although, you'll find some light spectrums better for veg and others for flower.

Side note: You won't have much luck cloning autoflowers since the clones share the same genetic code, they want to flower at the same time as the moms, which doesn't leave them much time to develop.

auto flower plants seem to do best in 18/6 all the way threw. the tend to grow smaller indoors so you shouldnt need much for lighting and pots

I use Technaflora BC nutes and have grown autos with them. As is always the case, I mix my nutes at a reduced strength. When I first put the seedlings into my DWC reservoir, I add BC Grow formula (mixed as per their chart) at about 1/4 to 1/5 strength. Thsi will vary based upon your reservoir size but if you're using 5 gal buckets, mix your nutes for 1 gal only. This will give you a little less than 1/4 strength, pH at about 5.9 (depending upon the water you use.... I use RO water), and about 200-250ppm. This is fine for the first week. From the second week until they show signs of flowering, mix your BC Grow nutes at about 1/2 strength or just under. Mixing 2 gals of formula in a 5 gal bucket should give you about 500-600ppm, again pH at 5.9-6.1. When they start to flower, mix the BC Bloom nutes for 1/2 strength (2-2.5 gals worth) which should give you between 700-800ppm and should carry you through until close to harvest. About two weeks before harvest, cut the BC Bloom nutes back to 1/4 strength which will give you about 200-250ppm, then flush for the last week using their flushing formula, and just plain water for the last few days.

This should give you vigorous growth with no burning and as long as you keep your nute solution stable in terms of pH, you should see daily drops in ppm. I usually run 5 plants in a 27 gal reservoir and see consistent drops of about 25-35ppm/ day. A note on the mixing of nutes, I always draw my RO water first and aerate it for 24 hours. Then add your nutes and your pH should be about perfect in the 5.9-6.1 range. Since I started using RO water it has worked for me this way every time I mix the solution.

Good growing! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom