First time outdoor grower - Big problems...

JezzFush

Strain - Bag Seed
# of Plants - 5
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Bucket Size - 8 Gallon
Nutrients - Seasol (plant conditioner), Nitrosol (foliage spray - 12/3/8.5), Dynamic Lifter (mixed in with soil - 9/4.5/8.5), Rooster Booster (chook poo pellets mixed in with soil - 3/2/1.7)
Medium - Osmocote Potting Mix
PH - Don't know
RH - ???
Pests - None Known

This is my first (outdoor) grow and I am having a few problems. I have 5 plants that were planted quite late in the season (Dec but preferable time is early Sep). I noticed a few yellow/white spots developing on the leaves about 3 weeks ago and thought it was a nitrogen deficiency so started using Nitrosol as a foliage spray. The big lower fan leaves continued to get worse over time and now the growing tips seem to be shrinking. We have just had one of the biggest heat waves ever with three days over 44ºC (111.2ºF). I gave the babies heaps of water and they seemed to be loving it for the first two days but on the last day of the heat wave they just looked nasty. They didn't droop or seem like they were lacking water but the leaves that were affected before dried up and became crispy.

I have read in the forums about the different types of nutrient deficiencies and Potassium and Calcium seem to fit the bill but this being my first grow I just have no idea!!! I have also heard of nutrient lockout which scares the hell out of me especially when they were going so well up til now. I live in Victoria, Australia. Please, PLEASE HEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!

Cheers

IMG_46711.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4662.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_46561.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

That's the thing that is worrying me though... The new growth seams to be getting smaller and slower. The growing tips used to be nice and bulky but now are really small. I don't know if I have given them too much fertilizer or too little. AAAAARRRRRGH!

I have done a little bit more research since my last post and think I have the answer... Firstly I went and got myself a PH test kit and tested the soil of each pot (which spoke volumes). The average PH level was 5.5 so I am assuming that I have problems with Calcium which in turn causes a Potassium deficiency yeah? Now from what I can gather from my research if I were to mix some Dolomite Lime (fine) with water and then add small amounts to the soil every second day over a period of 1 to 2 weeks the PH should stabilize itself. Does this sound correct to you guys? Does anyone else have a better solution. I heard hard wood ash works aswell. Would the ashes from my fireplace do the trick?

By the way, my plants aren't flowering. No stigmas in sight as yet.

I would stick with the lime. That will get you pH up. Try to work it inot the top layer of the soil as well. Just don't add too much or your pH will get too high.

Next time you mix your soil add lime into the mix to help prevent your soil pH from dropping too low.

Cheers for that mate. This experience is turning out to be not so bad after all, I'm learning absolute bucket loads... I'll let you know how the lime goes and post pics in a few weeks.

UPDATE: All fixed! The lime balanced the soil ph and I added some Maxicrop Seaweed Plant Food Concentrate and everything balanced out nicely. Three turned male but I have three lurvely ladies that are coming along beautifully, see pics. I have one that is about three weeks into flowering and the other two are approx 9 days. If the location looks a little different it's because the little turds from next door spotted them so they had to find a new home. Any guesses as to the strains are more than welcome. Cheers to all that offered support. JezzFush

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Figured it out!!! I'm using a mac so it was right click and then copy image address. I was copying straight from the address bar previously. Here they are...
210309_0016.jpg

210309_0015.jpg

210309_0012.jpg

210309_0011.jpg

210309_0010.jpg

210309_0009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom