FL: Why Is A Pro Pot Lawyer Advocating A Denial Of Access To Medical Marijuana?

Katelyn Baker

If you are part of the NORML crowd, you probably know Mike Minardi.

He is kind of a thing in the world of weed and, frankly, being a pro-marijuana attorney has become his calling card.

Minardi is on the board, listed as "Legal Director," of NORML of Florida. He is part of CannaMoms and the words "cannabis" and "marijuana" are ALL OVER his firm website.

Heck, the site is even colored green.

So, what's the deal with Minardi now?

Last week he was speaking at the Florida Cannabis Coalition Green Carpet event in Sarasota (see, I told you he is a big deal) and Mike – the pro-pot, pro-legalization lawyer who is even pushing a constitutional amendment to make the stuff 100 percent legal – is now advocating that we stop the sale of medical marijuana in Florida.

Crazy, right? His exact words were: "I do support moratoriums. Um ... moratoriums are good for us right now ..."

Say what? Right NOW? Is there some business advantage you see in stopping the sale of medical cannabis?

His logic, if you can call it that, appears to be that by stopping access to medical marijuana now that somehow it will give him and his unnamed but repeatedly mentioned "clients" some unspecified advantage later.

What about the people he supposedly wants to help have access to marijuana? Why stop them from having access?

I don't understand where he is coming from.

Here is more from Minardi:

" ... we can be able to go in there and have an equal opportunity to these nurseries that can open up as many dispensaries as they want throughout the state right now, in order to have that equal access, because they're not going into areas where there are moratoriums right now and opening places up ..."

OK, I still don't really understand, but those are his exact words; I wouldn't want anyone to think I took him out of context.

Are his clients the other license applicants who did not make the cut? (Shame on him.)

Are they people who don't qualify under Amendment 2? (Way to sell out sick patients who sure could use a break.)

Does it matter?

It is blatantly disingenuous (IMHO) for someone who hails himself – often and loudly – as a pro-marijuana advocate to publicly support shutting down access to patients who desperately need access to medical marijuana.

But it gets worse.

This is the same Minardi who went on ABC Action News in Tampa and blamed the board of medicine for – I swear he said this – "continuing to prevent access for patients in Florida who are suffering and dying."

It's kind of like those evil doctors support a moratorium or something.

shutter3.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Why Is A Pro Pot Lawyer Advocating A Denial Of Access To Medical Marijuana?
Author: Peter Schorsch
Photo Credit: Shutterstock

Back
Top Bottom