Flood/Drain or DTW for SoG?

Hey guys

So i am moving my setup to a 4'x4' tent, currently im using coco.perlite hempy buckets with hydroton bottoms. I've been vegging for two-three weeks or until about 10". In the new 4'x4' tent i wanted to cram 64 1.5gallon hempy buckets (8 rows of 8), but the thought of hand watering all of those hurts my head already. I then thought i could build a dtw top feed system and use drip clean to prevent clogging, i could make it so that there would be pvc running the length of the tent in between the rows with drippers going each way, so that there is two drippers in each pot. This would be a drip to waste so there would be no recirculating, which would use quiet a bit of water, nutes, and medium. Then i thought about NFT or a flood table, and all this thinking has got my brain out of wack!

Basically, what do you guys think would be the most efficient hydroponic system in a 4x4 tent?

I am choosing between:
  • DTW sog coco
  • Flood/drain
  • NFT/Aeroflo

Price of set up isn't an issue, although i prefer DIY. I would like a setup i could possibly leave for a few days

I know flood/drain would use a lot of medium, like hydroton/rockwool or coco mats. NFT is an easy build but i am not 100% sure if i could utilize the space in my tent very well with all the pvc structures and the reservoir. The DTW sog hempy buckets was my first and main idea, but i was curious mainly if these other two methods (or any other you may know of!) could get me a higher yield?

What do you guys think?

Thanks

I have produced the best results with my flood and drain system. I tried the bubble buckets but it was just a pain in the ass to change the water and the nutes in the buckets every damn week. In the flood and drain I keep my res and controller outside of the tent so I have the most room possible for the plants. in a 4x4 I would put in no more then 4 plants and a 1000 watt light for the best results.

Back
Top Bottom