Florida Supreme Court Cancels The Hearing Of Oral Arguments For Medical Marijuana

Jacob Redmond

A petition to put medical marijuana in the constitution was scheduled to have oral arguments before the Florida Supreme Court today, but those arguments were canceled.

The Florida Supreme Court is examining if a medical marijuana constitutional amendment is clear enough to be put on the ballot.

Ben Pollara is with United For Care, which is trying to get medical marijuana on the ballot.

"They canceled because nobody filed opposition to our amendment this time, versus last time when there was about 300 pages of opposition filed against us," Pollara said.

Attorney General Pam Bondi's office said in a statement it didn't challenge the current amendment, but is concerned the ballot would expand the use of marijuana in Florida, particularly among youth.

"In 2014, the Florida Supreme Court approved a similar version of this amendment," wrote Whitney Ray, spokesman for the attorney general's office. "Attorney General Pam Bondi fought that language because she believed that legally the proposed language was insufficient under Florida's Constitution. Attorney General Bondi encouraged all Floridians to review the amendment carefully as she believed it would vastly expand the use of marijuana in Florida, especially among our youth."

The Florida Supreme Court will make that decision in-house. United For Care hopes to have enough signatures by the end of the year to get on the 2016 ballot.

legalize_marijuana_110602_620x350.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Florida Supreme Court Cancels The Hearing Of Oral Arguments
Author: Abe Aboraya
Photo Credit: None Found

So let me get this straight, they're saying that if there is no one opposing it then they won't even talk about it? Umm...would'nt that just mean that everyone is on board with it? They actually need opposition speaking against it to even consider it? That's like saying if everyone is for something and no one is against it then we're just not even going to consider it because we don't want it even though everyone else does want it. Wow, talk about a bias and one sided approach for just a hand full of skeptics against a vast majority of optimistic people.

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of people are still suffering and will keep on suffering at the hands of these sadistic slow playing a$$ holes who just keep on displaying their lack of compassion for the sick and dying people who really need this medicine. It's appalling that they are so hung up on this whole "more people will start using Cannabis if we do this" idealism, when the fact is now and always has been that if people want Cannabis, they're going to get it, it's never been that hard to get, legal or not legal. Do they honestly believe that by keeping it illegal that somehow people (kids included) can't get their hands on it? Really, let's quit beating those dead horses with names like "refer madness" and "propaganda". Sick people don't have time for these games, they need medicine NOW! Not later, I mean right f^cking NOW!!! Enough with the slow playing games!!!

Canceling only means, the Court will decide amongst themselves if the wording is Constitutional. It is pretty much the same bill,as,in 2014 so it should sail through. A lot of Floridians are against it, because of the attorney bank rolling it. There are other initiatives "Regulate Florida" and "Floridians For Freedom", RF has a better chance of being on the ballot in 16, so there could be 2. Deadline is Dec.31, to have enough signatures for Supreme Court Approval, so we shall see soon. Conference call tonight with RF, email says BIG announcement.

The BIG news last night from Regulate Florida.. We do not have enough signatures to get a Florida Supreme Court review, a measly 60k was all that were required. I got close to 200 myself, can not tell you how many people, were afraid, if they signed the state would come into their home to bust them, or said" I don't need to sign, it is going to happen anyways".
LOL.

This is why I call this state floriduh! I got news for Pam bondi - go to any high school in the state and someone will sell you weed, kids are already using mj, for god sakes. No matter if it passes in floriduh or not people who need it will buy on the street just as I do and will continue to do and the state will never see a benefit in the form of taxes or lower cost of enforcing and jailing users.

Back
Top Bottom