Fluorecent lights or 1000W Hps

Mr.Deeds

I researched this and I have some questions before my decision. My grow 'room' essentially has one fixture and that is for the avrg. bulb. I thought about fluorecents because they are cheap, but you have to secure them close the plant and raise them through its growth. In that case does anyone know of any 'plug in' fluorescents that could go into a basic plug socket. With the HPS sodium I run into the problem of will it fit into the fixture and will it guzzle the shit out of the power based on a 12/12 day?

A HPS will not fit into a standard light fixture if that's what you are asking. It needs a ballast and special socket. It would work like trying to plug your dryer in to a regular outlet, wouldn't fit and if you made it it would not work any way.

Flourescents can be arranged in many ways to raise and lower for your plants. Compact flourescents can be put in adapters and plugged into surge protectors. Adapters that have a female socket accepter and a male two prong 120volt plug. plug a few of those in a surge protector and fill it with the highest wattage Compact flourescents you can find.

That being said HPS is worth the $. Buds are much denser.

Peace, SSSSpaceman SSSpliff

i second that...if you can afford an hps then get an hps...the only reason people run flouros usually is b/c of the price of hps...i have an 400 watt hps on 4 plants....they grow great always...then i also have a little flouro box i made for a single plant...and that works but i always am running into little problems of adjusting the lights and shit...i got a 70w hps on top but it barely does shit for the plants except that little bit of good light and some heat

you need to get a ballest for hps DO NOT USE HPS ON REGULAR SOCKET this would be very dangerous and pottentaly deadly do not do it for all you know it will blow up or fuck up your eletrical hps works awsome but you need a ballest they cost $100 on www.insidesun.com and it is worth it for a 400 watt

Back
Top Bottom