Fluorescent Light Fixture Wiring Question

CnstntGrdnr

So, I'm about a week and a half away from starting my grow and I've been picking up last minute supplies here and there.

I bought a 24" fluorescent light setup at Lowe's today with two Natural Daylight bulbs for my seeds/seedlings. I plan on switching over to my MH once they're strong enough to handle the lumens.
IMG_2289.jpg

But now I've run into another project and I'm not entirely sure my theory is correct so I wanted to run it by any growers familiar with electrical wiring, etc.

This light fixture didn't come with a regular 120V plug, cuz that would be WAY too easy for me - the manufacturer assumes I'm just going to run it to a junction box, but I just need it for my grow tent for the first week or so...can I just wire this baby to its own 120V cord and plug if I buy one at Lowe's? It came with wire nuts.

IMG_2290.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sh*t, really? Well, the wiring from the light only has two wires...is one the ground and one the hot? (Black = ground; white = hot?) So, I guess my question is: why would I need a cord with three wires if there's only two coming from the light itself?

I know very, very little about electricity.

I'm not sure why my pic aren't coming up...I'll have to review the steps to make sure I posted them correctly in the thread.

Back
Top Bottom