Flushing

Grim_Reefer4_20

I seen in this video that this guy talked about the yellow leaves. He said after a 10 day flush the yellow leaves indicate that all the extra nitrogen has been removed so it can focus all its energy into the crystals and finishing of the bud. I guess what i wanna know is if this is true and how would i go about flushing?

It's true that the plant is using up all her "food" and the leaves are yellowing because of lack of nutrients. To flush, just water her with plain water. You can kick it off by flushing your soil with with plain PH adjusted water at 3-4 times the amount of dirt she's planted in. In Hydro, just drain the res and fill with plain water. If you reall ywant to get technical you could clean the res while yo're at it.

The main reason for flushing is to get the fertilizer taste out of the buds.
It also helps the plant burn cooler and smoother if the fertilizers are no longer present.
Normal yellowing of leaves indicate that the plant it using up the nutrients it stored in those leaves during veg.
Another reason is the plant doesn't need any nutrients during the last 2 weeks. So to use them would be a waste of $$ AND make the weed worse.
Some people who use organic soil & nutes like to add a bit of molasses or other sweetener during the flush, to feed the mychorrizae.

Back
Top Bottom