Foam in Reservoir (DWC)

racer123

Hey guys,

Yesterday was the first day that I introduced nutrition's to my reservoir. I added 1/4 strength nutes and some Aquashield for protection. When I went to bed my pH was right around 5.8 and when I checked them today at around 2 P.M. I saw that the pH was up to around 7.7 and the reservoir had foam on the sides. I smelled the water and everything seems to smell clean, no odor that I can make out. It's a little bit foggy/cloudy but it doesn't look bad. I have attached a picture so you guys can take a look at it. I have heard that foam sometimes can be normal as long as there is no smell. If that is the case, why did my pH spike by 2.0? Plants actually quite a bit overnight so hopefully its just a false alarm. Temperatures of my reservoir have been between 66F and 72F.
SANY00292.JPG

Hey thanks for the quick response. Temperatures are about 68-72F. Is it normal for it to go up by almost 2.0? I have adjusted the pH back to around 5.5 (not playing the pH rollercoaster). Going to see what happens for the time being, as long as it doesn't smell bad I will just leave it and adjust the pH twice daily.

Awesome, going to try the frozen bottle method. That should definitely lower the temperature and then I don't have to worry about the algae etc. Appreciate it my friend. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom