Pyrethrins in Reservoir

tim92109

I can't seem to find any info on this... I'm wondering, after using Doktor Dooms if I need to change my reservoir. I forgot to cover it, but it is under the grow tray so it's not completely open (about 2-3 inches between reservoir and tray.

I just did a change a couple days before so I'd rather not waste the nutes if there's no chance of pyrethrins having any kind of negative affect. But probably will if I don't get any sound advice not to.

By the way, it does expect to hit the trays, roots, etc., so I'm hoping that a little hitting the water is fine also.

I would contact the manufacturer of the product....if it was me, I would go ahead and bite the bullet and change reservoir, it's a little cost compared to losing your plant(s).:)

It won't do anything to the plants, but I would want to get it out of there so I wasn't exposed to it for an extended period of time. Despite pyretherins being fairly safe pesticides (except for the synthetic ones), it's not good to expose yourself to them over a long period. It off-gasses and blah blah blah. You never really want to expose your body to weird concentrated chemicals for longer than you have to.

Thanks for that info. I feel better leaving it for another day. I want to completely wash off the plants after a day or so anyway (I basically put them in the shower for a bit). I'll take care of both birds with one stone (and won't be taking a bath in the reservoir between now and then haha).

Back
Top Bottom