Reservoir Temperatures?

castaway

Hey all,

I am using 30 gallon reservoirs under 2 4x4 flood tubs full of hydroton. I noticed my res temps exceeding 75 in fact staying at 82. I know this is warm!!! I am adding frozen bottles to drop res temp but it seems a loosing battle. The room is cooler then the res I cant figure that out. I mean even my tap water is coming out at 72 73 degrees f.

What affects will this have on the plants? I am noticing yellowing and formation of grey brown spots on fan leaves at 25 days in flowering. Any info on warm res temps would be greatly appreciated.

G'day Castaway. Best temp is between about 15C-21C or 60F-70F. Warm temps will cause root rot and mould. That's what the grey brown spots are IMO. Your pump is probably responsible for heating the res. Are you aerating the nute tub. Fishtank chillers are the best for cooling your tub but I think there are instructions to build a cheapy from an old wall type A/C unit if you search around a bit here.:grinjoint::peace:

You could probably make a chiller out of a cooler , running a circulator hose around the inside of the cooler and with a small pump run your water from your res. To the cooler and back into the res. , just an idea ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,smokr1

Back
Top Bottom