Former Drug Czar McCaffrey Wants To Save You From Stoned Eye Surgeons

So what if thousands die in Mexico. It's a small price to pay to make you feel reassured when you go in for eye surgery.

Good video piece on the Dylan Ratigan Show on MSNBC.

Dylan's guests are Paul Armentano of NORML and former Drug Czar Barry McCaffrey. The impressive part of this piece is the work done by the host. Ratigan does an incredible job setting up the story and really pointing out the host of negatives that might be solved by legalization. His piece is smart and reasoned. He doesn't give Paul Armentano much time, but that's because he was busy taking on McCaffrey himself.

McCaffrey's participation was pathetic. He failed to answer any of Ratigan's direct questions, kept throwing in irrelevant issues, and this was his big argument:

"What it will do, undoubtedly, is create a credible situation where California truck drivers, and eye surgeons, and teachers in theory could be smoking pot, standing around the corner from students or their jobs. It doesn't make any sense. Or airline pilots! So I don't think it's going to pass, I hope."

That's not the first time I've seen the 'truck drivers, eye surgeons and teachers' bit, and I think they're going to try to use that a lot. It's nonsense, of course. Your eye surgeon isn't going to operate on you while stoned because marijuana is legal any more than he's going to operate on you while drunk because alcohol is legal.

YouTube - Truck Drivers! & Eye Doctors! & Teachers! ON WEED! OH MY!

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Drug WarRant
Author: Pete
Copyright: 2010 Drug WarRant
Website: Former Drug Czar McCaffrey wants to save you from stoned eye surgeons

Back
Top Bottom