Fox farm big bloom during last weeks of flowering

blk92mustang

Hi, can you feed your plants big bloom during the last two weeks of flowering?

Normally I feed them straight water the last two weeks to flush them, but since its all organic nutriets I wondered if it its ok. Thanks

ya its okay... why would you starve plants of nutrients for last two weeks of growing? i could see last couple of days in an attempt to help flush the taste of nutes out of the smoke

If you use any nutes in the last week or two, even if they are organic, I would still recommend using a clearing solution for the last 3-4 days, to help leach all of the excess nutes from the soil/growing medium and from the plants themselves.

Plants DO NOT starve when they are given pure water.

Plants store up massive amounts of reserves in their leaves, in the form of starches. They know when their lives are going to end -- they are annual, not perennial plants. As such, the idea of flushing is to encourage this process, to help the plant eliminate as much of those stored resources as it can, and to encourage it to use up the remaining, undigested nutrients in the soil medium and in the plant itself.

It is normal, and in fact preferable, to see significant yellowing and necrosis of fan leaves in the last few weeks, if you are successfully leaching out the excess nutrients and encouraging the plant's natural "death" process, something it WANTS to do.

A person that does not eat for a day or two does not starve -- they fast, and many times feel much better afterwards. In the same way, a plant that does not receive an infusion of nutes for a week or does not starve -- plants have reserves just like humans, analogous to our fat cells.

Long story short -- "organic" nutes do not equal "no residue" nutes -- regardless of whether they were derived from "natural" sources as in the case of organic nutes like Big Bloom, or synthetically created nutes, such as the rest of FF's line, they are still chemicals and they will still be taken up by the roots and dispersed into the plant. Thusly, all nutes will affect the taste of the final product. Don't forget that there are plenty of available compounds in the soil that will be taken up by the plant when it is on a diet of water only -- these too will contribute to a "chemmy" taste.

So you see, flushing is essential to help to reduce those concentrations, after all, why in the world would you want to smoke anything you don't have to??
:grinjoint::peace:

thanks dacob, great info. i am onto flowering number 2, and needed to understand flushing, i assumed organics did not need to be gotten rid of. wow and oboy good news is good.

i love the way d put it< one way i was told to concept it in an awesome "clowining" way, is why would u take steriods and not work out? u want ur plants to have a high metabolizm{in such} its like if they are always full, how will the know to be anything but full, u want them to strive for what the want and need not b lazy, and i usaly flush 10days to strip of all unwanted chem taste. to by a chem flush to speed it up is... like taking steroids to get big.. it will do it, but u notice a better much better difference in the muscles u work for..N<W

Back
Top Bottom