Fox Farm Tiger bloom fertilizer

blk92mustang

Hello all, I just bought some fox farm tiger bloom for my two outdoor plants. I wondered if anyone can give me some feedback regarding their experiences?

My plant is just in the first week or so of flowering. I plan on using the fertilizer once a week along with watering regularly. I plan to use the recommended amount on the back of the bottle. I will increase it slightly as the weeks come and slowly decrease towards the last couple weeks.

Can someone tell me if fertilizing once a week is enough or do you use it more than once with this stuff? Thanks

If it was my only source of flowering nutrients, I would use the Tiger Bloom at 2-4tsp. per gallon once or twice a week.

It will take a bit of experimenting to see what the plants like. :peace:

as it clearly states on the bottle it will drop your PH..Im in an outdoor 20gal container setup and i had a huge drop in PH...The leaves were canoeing and rolling up and everything...had to add the dolomite lime to help balance the PH back..seems to have brought it up some as im still in the process...I have a thread titled Humpback Leaves under the Problems, Pest thread...check it out it has some pics of what has gone on....Im using FoxFarms Happy Frog soil with Fox Farms Grow Big for veg and FFarms Tiger Bloom and Sunleaves jamaican bat guano for flower...now had to add dolomite lime...even the though FFarms soil says they have a lime ph buffer already...

I watered with Tiger Bloom every watering, with great results. After adding the nutes to the water, I had to use ph up to get the ph of the solution where it should be at 6.5. ;-)

Thanks for the information. How do I check the ph of my soil? I have only used the tiger bloom once so far two days ago.

I planned on using it once a week, would you recommend more? I looked at my two plants today and they looked good. Still some slight purplish color on the leaf stems, I'm hoping this fertilizer will help with that. Any feedback is great, Thanks.

You don't "have" to check the ph of the soil. What's important is checking the ph of your solution before you add it to your plants. The solution (water + nutes) should be between 6.3 and 6.5. Like I said, I used a nute solution every time I watered 3 - 5 times a week depending on the size of the plants and never saw any negative effects. I started out with a weak solution and worked up to 2 tsp per gallon. My plants were sensitve, so 3 tsp was too much. Hope this helps ;-)

how helpful would a $60 milwaukee ppm tester help in dialing in the right amount of FFTB, or is the FF simple to control? am thinking of gettin an affordable Mil ppm.

^ You could do that. It's a great accessory to have for sure. I used distilled water and never had any problems when growing in soil. If you're going hydro, I would definitely get a ppm meter. Well worth it then. But if you're on a budget, the $20 Milwaukee PH pen on Ebay is well worth it and a necessary grow tool. ;-)

i use all FF products, and havent had a single problem since switching to distilled water and not using my faucet water, which has a high pH and is about 200+ ppm. i follow the FF nute schedule, give or take some. ive bumped up the tiger bloom and beastie bloomz. she hasnt seemed to mind. all my other are still in veg. which i use FFGB, FFBB, and soon will be adding open sesame in about 2 weeks.

hi.
i believe that a GREAT pH meter is vital for soil growing.

i use the Blue Lab portable meter. it measures pH, ppm, and temperature. uses batteries.

tap water (chlorine- i dont use) comes in at 330ish ppm, and 7.2ish pH.

distilled water comes in at 0 ppm, and pH from 7.5 -8.2. i only used it for cloning (cuttings), but it takes VERY little pH to get it into good pH zone (5.8-6.3).

i use an artesian spring water from a source that has been used for MANY years (the covered wagons would visit this spring, and the Indians used it to).
it comes in at 280ppm, and 7.2-7.4 pH.

i use only 1/4 tsp of pH down to adjust spring water down to 6.4ish.

when using tiger bloom, check pH AFTER dosing water with TB, THEN adjust Ph as needed.

as for FF nutes...
an olde RedBeard indica has no issues with following the FF chart.
a new era Blueberry prefers slightly less nutes, but doesn't suffer getting same solution as the indica.

water or fert when your soil is dry, and the containers feel light.

GROW BIG is for vegging. maybe add a touch the 4th and/or 5th week of flower.
TIGER BLOOM is your budding fert.
BIG BLOOM is your additive to help the GB and the TB.

IF you use their solubles, add the crystals to water first, then liquids.

personally, i think the solubles might be overkill, so i omit them from process.

a good molasses mix during flowering will add sweetness, and help with nutirent uptake.

keep it simple, and THEN, in the future, adjust, experiment, and...
takes notes.

aloha,
angus

Local well water is an excellent source of water to use. The transportation of the water is the pain in the ass. I also have several community wells in my area. One of which is in a parking lot of all places! and the water is DELICIOUS my plants LOVE it

Back
Top Bottom