Free chlorine conversion and tds

H20gro

So i recently had some issues ive attributed to nute lockout in my dwc plant. After much discussion, i decided RO water was the answer.

During my problems, my tap was at 450 ppm tds. This is why i went to RO.

However, last night i noticed my tap is back to 150 ppm tds. Research has led me to discover my city just went through a “free chlorine conversion” process.

Im wondering who is familiar w this process… does it raise your ppm 3x?

If this was the problem, i feel i can use tap water and not purchase an expensive ro system.. currently im hauling water from the local store.

Any info on this free chlorine conversion and its affect on tds would be greatly appreciated. Tia

Im wondering who is familiar w this process… does it raise your ppm 3x?
<cut>
Any info on this free chlorine conversion and its affect on tds would be greatly appreciated. Tia
The people who know are the technicians and management at the city water department. They have to run tests and keep records and so on. If it was me I would give them a call and tell them I am growing several different types of houseplants and I have to do constant checks for mineral levels, etc.

Then I would tell them I noticed a spike in the PPM numbers and soon after found out about the “free chlorine conversion” process. Then I would ask questions about the city water to my heart's content and they should be able to explain how it is affecting my houseplants. After that I could relate my plants in the basement to the answers they gave me concerning the houseplants.

Back
Top Bottom