From 6 plants down to 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupert

First time grower, and I had 6 plants in my cabinet. It turned out to be way too many. I've gone down to just two plants in the cabinet, and you can see how they fit pretty well below the coverage of the main LED light. I'm wondering where to go from here, to make best use of the available space & light given that I switched to 12/12 light 5 days ago. The plants are both Pure Power Plant from Nirvana Shop. 41 days from seed.

two19.jpg

two22.jpg

two31.jpg

two41.jpg

Here's what I have to work with for vertical space:
  • The plants are 15 inches tall.
  • The light is 15 inches above the tops of the plants.
  • I can still raise the light up 17 inches higher than it is now and have adequate breathing space above the light's fan intake.

So, if I raise the light up 17 more inches during the grow, then the plants could grow 20 more inches and still be 12" away from the light.

My plan* at this point is not to scrog, since it's maybe a little late for that, but to do some light branch bending just to open it up and let light to interior buds. If I open it up too much it could defeat the purpose because then I'm moving top bud sites out of the core of the light.

*My plans don't usually survive for more than a few days since I keep underestimating growth rate.

Still some chance I could go down to one plant, bend the top over and scrog? But given where things stand I don't know if that would give better results than just letting these two plants grow up.

Next time I will definitely scrog, probably with a single plant.

Those are good looking PPP, I like nirvana seeds too. That also sounds like a good plan, bending you should be able to grow those two ladies
welcome to :420:

They will triple to quadruple in size when you flower then so you are going to want to start them really soon. You will be blown away by how much they grow in the first 2 weeks of flowering alone.

I went to 12/12 light 7 days ago, I think it was. So some of the stretch has already happened. I'm probably safe with regard to height... I guess. The 4 plants I removed from the cabinet included my two tallest. The two keepers, seen in the photo, are the third and fourth tallest of the original 6.

BTW, I'm using one of the discards for science. Last night I removed all growing media from the roots so I could see how the roots had developed. To test how it responds to stress, I put it in a pitcher of tap water, no nutes, and I bent over the main stem, damaging it badly. I set the plant near a window sill. I figure I will gain an appreciation of how resilient these plants are and how quickly they heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom