Hoping for some sage advice, Noob worked hard to get this far

T5Noob

1t51000wgrow.jpg

Hope to produce potent (18%+) bud. Need some help.

Size: 3 foot tall x 8 feet wide x 2 feet deep

Material - 3/4 inch plywood covered in mylar, sealed air tight.

Lighting T5 HO- 450 watt bulb on the back wall, 350 w overhead, 250 w on the side. I think 80k+ lumens. I have the blue 6500 bulbs and the 3500 red bulbs for flowering.

Ventilation:200 CFM fan with Phresh carbon filter outletting through a 4 inch HVAC system straight to the outdoors. 4 inch backflow prevention inlet on the other side.

12 Plants, From Seed, Thinking Maybe Durban. Max grow height will be 30 inches.

Plan on also using:
PH up, down, organic soil, organic nutes, CO2 source for 6 month term. 1 Gallon pots. Scrog netting.

Questions I have are:

1. This is in the basement, the box is air tight minus the built in hvac system. How smelly will this sucker be when the plants are full stride?

2. Should I be concerned about the black cords and black plant trays? I read somewhere that black color can make the plants turn male or something. Would duct tape on the cords do the job or?

3. Should I be concerned about the air flow 200 cfm causing wind damage to the plants in this size box?

4. With the light coming from three different angles, should I still try to keep the plants as close as possible to top light? Will they bend toward the large side light enough to cause problems?

5. What should I expect to yield off this type of system? It is 1000 total watts. Is the height max going to kill my gram/watt ratio?

6. I'd like to grow potent Sativa but read that almost all of it are tall plants, any recs on non tiring bud strains that can be successful in this sort of grow environment?

7. Suggestions for improvement?

Thanks ahead of time!

Back
Top Bottom