1000W T5 - 48 Cubic Foot - Organic Soil - New Grower - SCROG - 2015

Thanks!
Any tips on adding the dry 2tsb of nutes per plants? Am I better off mixing that into their water or just sprinkling on top of soil and letting it leach in as I water?

I am running 1000W of the T5s. Not clue what the yield will be but ill post it up. I'd be thrilled to get enough for personal use for the year.

I have no experience with those nutes so dont want to give you bad information. If you dont get an answer I would just follow what ever the bottle says. Since it says 2 tbl spoons every 90 days I would assume it is meant to top dress the plants so the nutes slowly gets into the soil as you water.

I noticed you say organic soil but havent given to much information on it? If the soil is rich enough some organic growers go without adding ANYTHING but water. I use ocean forest and happy frog and no nutrients are needed until flowering. I have always used bottled liquid nutrients with great success and can recommend GH Flora series and Botanicare Kind series if you run into any deficiencies. Good luck!!!

Also, wanted to hit on clones a second. How will you be doing your clones? I recommend trying one of my many methods I like using. You can do this by just filling a smaller pot or cup with some good soil. Take a cutting and cut it at an angle on an available node, scrapping about half an inch of the first layer of the stem off (gently) and then dipping into rooting gel. I personally use RootTech and love it. Then just stick that cutting into the freshly watered soil at least two inches in the soil. You can trim the leaves to 1/2 if you want. And then just let them sit in your veg room off to the side. I use one 26 watt CFL in my cloning box set on 24/0 until they root. I have holes in my cloning cups and in a week or so you will see some roots out the bottom! I have never had a failed clone using this method so thats why im recommending it! One took 3 weeks to root but sure enough it took! Its usually only around 7 days for roots using this method!

Good luck!

T5noob better not sprinkle it on the dirt. what happens in my experiences. when you do that the nutes do not spread around to all the roots thus not burning them up. but when u do that. it seem not to get around as it does into water. what people are doing is taken them clay balls and adding them on top of the soil and letting the water spread out more with the clay balls on top. as see in pic.
20150405_190649.jpg
seems to do really well

Wish I read that post ahead of time!

So I sprinkled the nutes on the top of the dirt, they are organic and say it cant burn the plants so I figured no sweat and thats what the instructions said to to do established soil plants. The bummer is that the nutes clumped up when I watered, then got modly. I scraped the mold and sprayed with 3% h202 solution to try to kill off the mold.

The plants are 6 days into flowering and the white widow exploded with white hair trichonomes, literally cant believe how fast that was. The blueberry haze is also a female, and I have one big blue identified as female. Two of the other plants though, one big blue one black pearl are still unidentifiable but maybe male because they havent shown and signs of developing the hair yet but have little mini bud like things growing in the armpits. Not balls, but just little like super small leaflets almost. I am going to wait 5-6 more days and if I am not convinced kill those two off, really dont want the beautiful girls getting bred.

The cloning is a non issue, I bought a 25 station cloner off amazon for $70 and it was a 100% success rate. Wore gloves and used clean scalpels and all that. Actually had to kill off 15 clones to keep to my state legal plant limit, what a huge bummer. Not legal to sell them here either. Kept one of each plant plus a couple of each identified female. The next batch through I am going to do a SCROG, grow them to 12-18 inches, then flip them and see what the results look like compared to growing a few larger plants.

Hey T5 I have only read briefly through all these post but if I may....As far as your heat issue try relocating all of your t5 ballasts to the outside of your grow room........This is where your getting your heat from.......You can purchase ballast wire at a local home supply store. Im growing in a 4x4 tent with a 600 watt MH and a 2x4x6 t5 tube with 2 6" 530 cfms....One for my light and one for the carbon filter.....Both are vented right back into my basement and my temps are 70-74 deg....... Oh and my MH ballast is outside the tent.

Just a thought

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom