Future 2L Hemp Bucket, Multiple LED, Grow Idea/Questions

Bongoman420

First off a HUGE thank you to 420fied, Stevehman, and Blue Planet Nutrients for inspiring this *hopefully* future design :thanks:. I've looked on many different forums/guides on how/what to do, read a few books, and then finally stumbled across this site and found their grow guides. I've been lurking around this site for some time, but I think it's time to come out of the shadows and ask some questions ;).

A have very little growing experience, but have been extremely interested into getting into doing this for some time. I will be attempting to get a growing license, so I'm trying to get a lot of the legwork done now.

What I am thinking of doing, is using 2 Grow Lab tents in sizes of 4'9" x 4'9" x 6'7" (one for bonsai moms + clones, and one for flowering) using 420fied's hemp 2L buckets/method of growing, several Advanced Diamond Series lights (a huge thanks to Stevehman for stumbling across his grow guides and discovering these), and the 3 part nute system from BPN. At most I'm hoping to have between 40-75 plants going at once (including moms, clones, etc).

Money isn't a huge issue right off the bat, and am looking to spend roughly $10-15k on start up costs. I want to get the best lights that I can, the best nutes, get some Co2 going in there, humidifier/dehumidifier if necessary..the works. I want to get certain plants that yield well, and can be harvested in roughly 60-80 days after cloning.

Since this would technically be my first official grow, I got a lottt questions, and I'm sure some of them will seem pretty stupid, so I apologize for that lol.

I'll be using 2L pop bottle hemp buckets with a mix of 75-25 Perlite/Vermiculite for the plants. However, the very first run I'll have to start from seed instead of from clones so this brings up my first question. Once I germinate them in paper towels or whatever method I choose, what do I plant them in? I'm doubting that I should put them into the 2L right at the start..or should I? Would rockwool cubes be better to start off and then I could just plant those into the 2L after they grow to a certain size? If that's the case would my first grow be a bit smaller than the rest or would it be the same?

I'm going to want to make a couple bonsai moms as well, so should I plant those in decent sized hemp buckets, or are moms generally better in soil, or does it not matter?

What light should I put the moms/clones/seedlings under? Not only just when I first start, but in the continuation of the process. I remember reading that you shouldn't have them under high wattage lights, so would a 200w LED work best for the moms/seedlings, and 400w LED work best for the clones, or what do you guys suggest.

After cloning, I intend to put them straight into 12/12 and let them sit in a different tent until they are ready to harvest. I plan on using 2 800w LED's. I know that for most lights you have to keep them further away because of heat, but with LED's could I keep them a lot closer which would hopefully improve the plants? How close should I keep them throughout the cloning/flowering process?

Co2 is my next biggest question. I read for hours about different Co2 systems and the more I read the more I got confused..I'm not sure if I'm just extra stupid when it comes to this or what lol. I finally came across the HydroGEN PRO Water-Cooled CO2 Generator which seemed pretty straight forward with the videos on their website. One of my questions with this, is would it be better to go with this system that spits out 15 cubic feet/hr - 30 cubic feet/hr, or go with a smaller system like one that would produce 1.5 cubic feet per hour of CO2 output. I'll have around 150 cubic feet or so in my tent, so that would lead me to believe the 15-30 one would be better, but the smaller one says that it works best in 10 x 10 and smaller rooms...
Now possibly one of the more stupid questions. What the hell is all the ducting for that I see in pictures of grow rooms? I always assumed it was to get rid of the heat, but is that how you get all the Co2 out of the tent as well? Whenever I try to google related topics to this question, the only thing I can find is about a Pastor getting caught with over 100 plants in his church. I'm assuming with HPS lights this ducting would be extremely useful in getting rid of the heat but how/when do you use it for Co2? Do you just use this right before the lights go out so that there isn't much/if any Co2 left in the dark cycle?

Now for clones. I plan on possibly getting the EZ Cloner. My question for this is how much water should it have in it, should I be using RO'd water or how much ppm should be in it, any specific nutrients or just water?

Last but not least is the type of strains that would work best in this setup. I'm looking for plants that would work best growing just a single cola rather than being bushy. A decent growth rate as well would be a huge advantage for me as I would be wanting to harvest every 60-80 days per plant. I know that 420fied used Snow White (NLxCinderella99) for his setups, but looking to see what other people might think would work as well.

I know that I have more questions but I think that will suffice for now lol. Any help at all is appreciated. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but it just seemed like the best fitting.

Cheers :] :rollit:

You likely won't get a "grow license," per se. You might qualify to grow your own cannabis under your state's medicinal cannabis laws and the recommendation of your physician - or, alternatively, one or more qualifying medicinal cannabis users might assign you as their caregiver. In either of those cases, your budget figure is probably quite a bit higher than you would actually need.

There is some chance, I suppose, that you might hook up with one of the proposed "grow warehouses" in a state that has considered going that route, where a small number of operations are tasked to supply the majority of that state's medicinal cannabis users - but in that case, both your budget and the projected scope of your grow seem to be quite low.

Thank you for your feedback Tortured Soul. While yes there is a possibility there is a fair chance that I won't be able to get a growing license, there are other avenues I could take..;). Was just gonna try that route first, but if that doesn't work..oh well lol.

As for the projected budget? I think it's around there somewhere. Lights will be around 6k, Cloner around 500, Tents around 750, Co2 500, Dehumid/Humidifier 500ish, Different pH meters, ppm, etc around 1k. That's not including taxes or shipping costs, so add on a couple thousand to that and that's roughly 12k, so $12-15,000 with other things I'm sure that I'll need along the way (seeds, pots, etc.).

Think on most of that I'm ok on, it's just some of the questions I posted above I'm not quite sure on.

Atomic nl I have 4 growing very good indica strain.. Take aprox 59 to 70 days to flower also blue dream take 9 weeks 59 days and gorilla purple also a short one ... Mostly indica is the shorter grow time and some hybrids ... All plants listed I have growing and have about a month and a half on them left.. Very short time and I have a monthly harvest so they work well just hard to find sometimes made my own mother of each so I can continue

Atomic nl I have 4 growing very good indica strain.. Take aprox 59 to 70 days to flower also blue dream take 9 weeks 59 days and gorilla purple also a short one ... Mostly indica is the shorter grow time and some hybrids

Excellent. Will def check them out. Cheers :]

Back
Top Bottom