GA: Cox Family Still Supports Medical Marijuana Bill

Robert Celt

It's a fight that the Cox family says they'll never give up: the fight to pass the Medical Marijuana Cultivation Bill.

Janea Cox, Haleigh's mother, says she used to have up to 200 severe seizures a day, but she says using cannabis oil has changed her daughter's life.

"Haleigh's a whole new child. I'm still excited to give her her medicines now. When I used to give her her pharmaceuticals, I felt so horrible because I knew she was going to shut down and sleep all day long. I was drugging my child," says Cox.

That's why Janea Cox says they've been fighting to give families more access to medical marijuana in Georgia. Their campaign got a boost when state Representative Allen Peake met her daughter two years ago.

"After he met Haleigh, he said he couldn't imagine not helping all these kids in Georgia because he's met so many and he loves every single one of them. You can tell the compassion in his heart, so I know no matter what he's never going to give up on this," says Cox.

Peake filed bills the past three years to allow medical marijuana in Georgia and to make it more available.

The latest version of his bill failed again last week.

"I just wish we could get it grown here so that Georgia could keep an eye on what was going on with it, so they knew how to regulate, so they knew it was safe for all of these kids to be taking," says Cox.

Cox says parents of kids with disabilities have to have faith and hope.

"Because she didn't ask to be the way she is. She didn't. It just happened. I'm going to do whatever I can to make it better for her."

medical_marijuana22.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: GA: Cox Family Still Supports Medical Marijuana Bill
Author: Kasandra Ortiz
Photo Credit: None found

Back
Top Bottom