Germination... how early?

William Holden

This weekend I plan on planting my seeds outdoor, I cant start them off indoors first, so dont tell me to let them start off inside.

When should I drop these bad girls into a glass of water, if I want to plant them Saturday or Sunday? Also, if I plant them Saturday or Sunday, and it rains on Tuesday or Wed., should I fear losing the seeds due to rain?

Also, how should I transport the seeds to my spot after germination, so I dont mess up the taproot?

Thanks a ton!

Check it yo, use the papertowel method, more effective.

Use tweezers when taking the seed from the paper towel to the soil. Put something clear over your pot/cup if its gonna be outside in the rain. Make sure it isnt slanted to collect the rain water. If your planted into the ground then put some sort of greenhouse on it. I would prefer some plastic containers (clear is better).

Oh and after you see the seed crack, take it out and plant it. It could take a few hours to a few weeks. Be careful with the seeds when they are germinating. Put the plastic bag between VCR and TV or whatever like that. The heat helps. Make sure its a dark area.

They should look like that when they are ready to be planted. But don't let it over grow in there, if the first shell snaps off, your fucked. :allgood:

Back
Top Bottom