Germination

EastCoastBud

420 Member
Put 4 seeds in water till they sank, then switched to paper towel. Two sprouted and 2 haven't yet. It's been about 30 hours or so, how long until I consider them duds

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Be patient brother. I'm not familiar with this method as I usually stick with the good old natural way of putting them straight in slightly damp soil, covering with cling film and putting them under the light to sweat (100% success rate so far so don't try and fix what isn't broken I guess?). Some seeds just take longer, I almost through one out recently but thought I would give it an extra 48 hours, glad I did because low and behold it sprouted!

Loco

Be patient brother. I'm not familiar with this method as I usually stick with the good old natural way of putting them straight in slightly damp soil, covering with cling film and putting them under the light to sweat (100% success rate so far so don't try and fix what isn't broken I guess?). Some seeds just take longer, I almost through one out recently but thought I would give it an extra 48 hours, glad I did because low and behold it sprouted!

Loco

Awesome, might switch it up. Hoping they do cause I don't have many left.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi EastCoast and welcome to the forum.

I usually wait 48 hours then start again. This is just my method, but I have a routine that I do each time. At 5pm I put them in water. I poke at them for a few hours until they sink. Then next morning at 8 am, I put them in a wet folded paper towel between 2 plastic plates, (to keep them from drying out). I put them in a closet that is above my heating system and let them stay warm. The next morning at 8am, they are usually ready for soil (about 90% of the time). The ones that aren't ready I will check about 12 hours later, but usually wait til the next morning. If they are not ready, I toss it and start again.
I am sure that you can wait longer than that, and I am sure that people do....I don't.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom