Government Says Cannabis Treats Cancer, DEA Disagrees

Katelyn Baker

After clicking on National Cancer Institute's link, one will find many links to different scientific studies stating cannabis showed anti-tumor effects, breakthrough nausea and vomiting treatment, appetite stimulation, anti-anxiety and sleep improvement.

The National Cancer Institute states on their website, "The potential benefits of medicinal Cannabis for people living with cancer include antiemetic effects, appetite stimulation, pain relief, and improved sleep." National Cancer Institute also claims that cannabis use for medicinal purposes has existed for thousands of years.

My grandmother passed away from breast cancer when I was in 3rd grade. I loved her more than anything in the entire world. The National Cancer Institute states that cannabis destroyed breast cancer cells in mice.

The federal agency has an entire website dedicated to how cannabis may help with cancer patients.

What if we Google, "Cannabis Patent?" Google is smart enough to be entrenched with the patents held within the U.S. The first link shows us the only patent associated with cannabis.

The patent is owned by The United States Of America as represented by The Department Of Health And Human Services.

The summary of the patent states,

"The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia."

It's a very long quote saying that cannabis can help prevent brain damage from stroke and help in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's diseases, and HIV dementia.

Furthermore, the patent also states this is an invention.

Is this really an invention? Or is it a claim for the government to withhold from the public?

The Drug Enforcement Administration on Tuesday reported the Food and Drug Administration stated no medicinal benefits of cannabis have been proven; therefore they will not reschedule cannabis as a Schedule II Drug and have decided to leave it as a Schedule I drug. This means the DEA views cannabis worse than cocaine and equal to heroin.

Stating cannabis has no medicinal value is stating that it does not help with cancer patients when they are nauseated, vomiting, or need to eat.

Brushing over those who suffer the most is not a way to justify the ability of throwing people in jail.

medicalcanna.png

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Corruption? Government Says Cannabis Treats Cancer, DEA Disagrees
Author: Jeff Caldwell
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom