Green prices

hotboxd

So recently I moved from Vancouver to Victoria, but let me tell you a little more about them if you're not familiar.

Vancouver is a beacon city for weed and a smuggling entry point into the country. My dealer there was introduced to me by a friend and gave me $40 for a half of fantastic weed (I was even asking for his higher quality stuff, his mainstay weed was cheaper).

Victoria is separated from Vancouver by water (requiring 25 mins of boat or 10 mins of interharbour air travel to reach), and is a much smaller city. My dealer was introduced to me through his cousin and gives me $55 for a quarter of good weed.

Now to put this in simple terms, what the fuck? How did I go from $40/half ounce to $55/quarter ounce? I've been smoking for a while now but my business experiences are definitely on the shallow end and it's quite possible I'm making a dumb mistake here. But if I'm not, which dealer was screwing me over?

I remember running across like a 420 travel guide that had profiles for basically every city in the world cataloguing general prices, availability and the local climate towards 420. If anyone knows what I'm talking about please toss me the link.

Cheers for your replies,
Dave

Depending on the grade, everything around here runs 50-60 1/8th for top grade. Mids are around 20 1/8th. If you're getting a half z for 55, that's pretty good considering a half of the brick weed here goes for 60

Dispensary prices are:

$40-$50 for 1/8th's
$75-$100 for 1/4's
$150-$190 for 1/2's
$300-$380 for oz

All frosty buds - with many stains to choose from.

I can save a few bucks if I look on the street/black market, but this way I'm totally legal and get the "variety pack" of buds depending on what type of medication I want/need (I can get several different strains depending on whats available).

BTW does anyone know of a good strain that would do well outdoors in Vancouver...I'm planning an outdoor grow for next summer..

Chassidy..

$40-$50 for 1/8th's
$75-$100 for 1/4's
$150-$190 for 1/2's
$300-$380 for oz

thats the same price here on the street...... (australia)

Hey thanks for the replies guys, I know it's always annoying to see these 'user with one post' threads sometimes.

So I guess it's safe to assume I wasn't getting as much weed as I thought from dealer 1? Though it was a ton of weed, is it possible that I was just extremely lucky with dealer 1?

Like what's the best deal any of you have gotten on weed?

You moved from the bud capital of North America to another city so you pay more. You answered your own question.

Did you only buy once from your dealer in Van? Did you weigh what you got? How would we know if you got the weight you paid for?

OK here's the bottom line - $55 for a quarter ounce of good bud...count your blessings. Best deal ever - grow your own.

Man, you got it good. Your weed costs half what it does in Omaha. And $40 for a half? Get out!

i think in most places it's 35-40 a q of mids, and around 80 to 100 for a q of straight dank. never bought more than 11 grams for 50 bucks. my aunt sold a freakin half a week or two ago for $25!!! i was sooo mad. but whatever. she thought i quit... anyway. yeah im in FL and i usually get a 35 buck quarter. some ppl get it regular at 25 or less though. so it just depends who u know i guess. i dont know anyone big, just a buncha middlemen who want to smoke what i get. sad but true lol

Regs - 140-160 @ oz.,quality is shit to shinola. There's a bricked goldish Mexican sinse popping up once in awhile that's a real monster.

Mid's - good in quality this year and plenty of them. Heavy outdoor crop of weed. 180-200 an ounce. There may be a couple of seeds in some of it,but you'll think it's the bargain of the century three hits in.

Name Bud,indoor or out, 350-450++ an oz.

Honestly the name weed usually gets you in one hit,but the other stuff gets you in two or three and you save 200 plus bucks. Call me cheap,I'll go with the mids.

Yeah it's $50 an 1/8th here in south FL for high test. Regs goes for about $30 a 1/4, mids about $50 a 1/4. Most of the time it's more difficult to find regs & mids around here, for me.

When I lived in AZ, I would routinely get 1/2's of mids for $40. But, that stuff had just come across the border in some Mexican's backpack, so it was always cheap. I miss that good ol' Mexican weed! Was awesome for rolling joints!

There's a bricked goldish Mexican sinse popping up once in awhile that's a real monster.

^^That sounds interesting. Sativa?

Mid's -180-200 an ounce. There may be a couple of seeds in some of it,but you'll think it's the bargain of the century three hits in.

Name Bud,indoor or out, 350-450++ an oz.

Honestly the name weed usually gets you in one hit,but the other stuff gets you in two or three and you save 200 plus bucks. Call me cheap,I'll go with the mids.

I'd go for the name weed man, at one hit vs. two or three for the mids, the named bud will last twice or three times as long, at twice the price, so it could wind up cheaper. Easier on the lungs and quicker gettin there. But I'm still thinking about that gold mexican sinsemilla...lol

It's got a hashy taste and strong body high,so I'm guessing there's a good bit of Indica in it. I've run across it 4-5 times since July and buy heavily when it pops up. It's great for the nerve damage in my back. I hope it keeps showing up.

I've done a lil' hashmaking with it. It's raw,but it's got a sharper psychedelic edge when it's made into hash.

The local outdoor mids are mostly side/low bud that's left from the high quality stuff that gets exported outside the region. I like the taste of the weed,a couple extra hits is fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom