Green Tea for Plants?

Xabi

Hey Guys,
I heard that giving the Plants usual green Tea at room temperature will increase the budding process?? Anyone ever tried this ? Havent found much online...

Greets from Germany. :thumb:

Hey Guys,
I heard that giving the Plants usual green Tea at room temperature will increase the budding process?? Anyone ever tried this ? Havent found much online...

Greets from Germany. :thumb:
Never heard of that. But I looked into it a bit. It does seem that it has some good minerals (aluminum and manganese) and antibacterial/antiparasitic properties. It also has an array of plant cell enzymes and sugar-like molecules
This sentenced went over my head, but it sounds like it could be a benefit to plants as well. "tea leaf contains an active polyphenol oxidase which catalyzes the aerobic oxidation of the catechins"
I couldn't find anything that looked concerning with the composition of green tea in terms of feeding it to your plants, with the exception of caffeine. I've heard rumors that caffeine is actually good for you're plants, but I haven't seen any evidence towards that theory.

Back
Top Bottom