grow lights

shibby5113

so i have been trying to figure out which grow lights to use. :ganjamon:
i will ask several questions through out the post.

ideally i want to use both MH and HPS together through out the whole grow season. I have read that this is the best. However, how much better is this compared to using just MH for veggie and HPS for flowering???

my grow room will be 3' by 3' by 4'(height). Im thinking about having a 250watt MH and a 250watt HPS, although i don't think this is good because during the veggie state, HPS should be about 20% of total light.

the other choice is having a 400watt light bulb for each stage, but i am unsure how to control the heat that the light bulb will generate. The height of the grow room is not very tall, so raising the bulb higher is not really an option because i want to have bigger plants. My first thought was having an exhaust system at the top pulling the hot air and then running that air through metal pipes which are submerged in water, and then putting the (hopefully cooler) air back into the grow room at the bottom. This idea in my mind is ok, but im doubting that the pipes and water will be proficient enough in cooling the air.

my second idea was having a glass shield separating the light fixture and the plants. This will work better in controlling the heat to the plants, but how much of the light is blocked by the glass??????? This is the main question that im facing right now, how much light does glass block and is it worthwhile installing it??

thank you for reading my post. any comments and advice are very much welcomed and wanted.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom